• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flourocarbon recommendations

squeedunk

I have tried flourocarbon in limited situations but have heard some good things about it lately that are enticing me to broaden my applications. I am thinking of using a flourocarbon leader line while bass and walleye fishing with jigs, texas rigs, and cranks. I like using fireline and power pro on many of my rods but I am thinking that a flouro leader may help in some situations. What pound test and what brand of line is recommended?

I also make some of my own leaders for muskie fishing and am wondering if I can make 80-100# flouro leaders with many of the same components that I use with 7-strand? What brand of line might be best for muskie leaders?

Thanks for your input~Dan

Vanish all the Way I think its the best line out there and I know it helps me get more bites when fishing walleyes on clear sunny days in clear water shallow or deep! I would go this way I use 6 pound test for Walleyes and 8 for bass! Hope this helps

I use Gamma, I have found it to be the limpest of all the 100% florocarbon lines. As for lb test thats going to depend on exactly what you are doing with it. For walleye it would be quite a bit less than flipping for bass. I use as low as 6lb and as high as 20 lb on my rods...

To answer your second question, YES, I have quite a few 80 and 100 LB florocarbon muskie leaders. Gamma again.