• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Story

grab the net

This one came from a friends son. He iced a 1-15 crappie and brought it to a very well known central MN taxidermist. While visiting, the taxidermist told him of a 20 sunfish limit that was brought in for a panoramic full wall mount. Fish were caught from a private lake, have no idea where. Smallest fish weighed 1-12 biggest 2-8. Taxidermist weighed them himself just to be sure what he was seeing. Angler said it was the catch of several lifetimes of fishing. Fact or fiction, I don't know, but I certainly would like to see the finished product when they are all put on a wall. Don't know if I would want to pay the bill.

WOW!!! I can't imagine what that day was like. It would be awesome to see a photo.... I have to believe the taxidermist will take some shots for his own advertising sake and such. Can't imagine many taxidermists have done a 20 fish sunfish mount!

Boy what a catch that would have been. I never criticize people keeping legal fish, but if it would have been a "public" lake 20 fish that size to mount would have been sad to take out. But congrats to whom ever caught them!

I agree, within the law folks should be able to take what they want. Its a good thing the guy who caught them didn't post a pic with all 20 he caught. Some folks on this board would have crucified him!

I know of one lake north of Anoka that holds fish like that (private).

All I will say is the owner has the funds to mount a mount like this.

I hope some more smoozing, in a couple years I will be able to fish it.