• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ESPN360

walleyewizard

OK guys help me out. I see that the Gopher game is on ESPN360. Can someone tell me what the steps are to getting this on my home computer? Or, am I going to have to find a local establishment that is carrying it? Any help for a computer illiterate would be appreciated. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Quackaddict9
yes that is right, FSN will carry the Sioux game on FSN and Gophers as well. But I dont think they will on Sunday but that may change if Sioux wins. Gophers win, they'll be on FSN probably?

regardless of who wins, the games will only be televised on ESPNU on Sunday. They are not available for syndication mad.gif

Not too many places in DL to go that have the dish with ESPNU.

Even if the Gophs somehow manage to win, Do you think anybody in Fargo would be turning the station to watch them play on Sunday? Likely not \:D

The NCAA SUCKS !!!! (and I don't care of that is poor word usage). ESPN does not cover hockey all year but because they have a deal with the NCAA for all the championships we have to sit through this [PoorWordUsage] (don't care) ESPN's hockey analysts are tools. Especially Melrose, he hates college hockey and the players it produces.

Originally Posted By: DEADhead

regardless of who wins, the games will only be televised on ESPNU on Sunday. They are not available for syndication mad.gif

Not too many places in DL to go that have the dish with ESPNU.

Even if the Gophs somehow manage to win, Do you think anybody in Fargo would be turning the station to watch them play on Sunday? Likely not \:D

I think you'd be suprised how many people would tune in to watch the Gophers.

Originally Posted By: yakfisher

I think you'd be suprised how many people would tune in to watch the Gophers.

yeah but you'd have to deal with the lame sioux fans who'd flame you just for watching the gophers. I don't care what team you root for, college hockey during the playoffs is good stuff

Quote:
I like Barry Melrose as an anouncer.

Geez.. crazy.gif I hope that was sarcastic! He was talking about how the Sioux will lose Duncan, Oshie, Toews, Chorney after last season and only one left for the pro ranks. That guy doesnt know college hockey! sick.gif

Originally Posted By: DEADhead
yeah but you'd have to deal with the lame sioux fans who'd flame you just for watching the gophers. I don't care what team you root for, college hockey during the playoffs is good stuff

I didn't flame you, and I wouldn't. I might even watch it myself, if they can beat BC that is.

More than not knowing college hockey, Melrose doesn't respect the college game. When they have him in the studio providing commentary he comes across as very anti-college in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, he does a great job and is insightful for the few minutes a week he is allowed to talk about the NHL. But, ESPN blew off hockey several years ago and now we have this once a year uneducated coverage.

This year with broadcasting the regional games they will quadruple the number of hockey games they broadcast over last year. When was the last time you saw NCAA hockey scores on the ticker at ESPN? Probably about 12 months ago during the last NCAA hockey tournament. Obviously hockey isn't a real big money sport for the NCAA or ESPN for that matter. Should the loyal fans be made to suffer when, for the rest of the 7 month long season, there is hardly a whisper of college hockey on ESPN except for maybe the occasional highlight on the top ten.

hey yakfisher, I wasn't implying that you would flame me, but rather the patrons at a Fargo establishment for watching the gophers. Heck I even get a hard time in Detroit Lakes for being a Gopher fan. Last I checked, DL was still in MN. Anyway, it's all good.

I don't like ESPN, never have, never will. I don't know which of the major networks would pickup college hockey, besides FSN. Would the college game be popular on a network like VS?

Originally Posted By: Quackaddict9
 Quote:
I like Barry Melrose as an anouncer.

Geez.. crazy.gif I hope that was sarcastic! He was talking about how the Sioux will lose Duncan, Oshie, Toews, Chorney after last season and only one left for the pro ranks. That guy doesnt know college hockey! sick.gif

Actually just about everybody was suprised about those players coming back versus going to the NHL and making money.

Yak, I would have to agree with your analysis. Melrose is a goon at heart and always has a very unbalanced opinion in his "views." He knows the game, but can't speak of the college ranks worth a lick. Me and my boys always called Barry a "hater" if he doesn't like a team or how they play, he's gonna let you know it when he does get his 5 min. of fame/week.

You're right on about the last time NCAA hockey was on ESPN was last yrs tourney. I don't think I even saw conference championship game scores on the bottom line.

Maize & Blue!!

Quote:
Actually just about everybody was suprised about those players coming back versus going to the NHL and making money.

not me... I knew most were gonna stay but I had a feeling Toews was not gonna stay if he was offered a contract and he was. Oshie stayed for his senior year to get back in the state tournament and get the championship again ofter a poor team performance during his Jr. year.

Melrose does not watch college hockey, maybe a little bit but talks like he knows every player and team, and was talking sh#t about the Sioux last year and if it was the Gophers, he woulda done the same.