• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bunk ?

Rivernut

my first boat came with these( a S 16 lund). i can't say anything bad about them. ( the boat did come off the trailer easier, and it seemed to support it well.) my only issue was that the rollers were a small metal wheel, that would screech as the boat rolled off some times.( i worried about one or more of them locking up and wearing away the bottom of the boat.) so i switched it over to regular bunks. del

Thats the kind of stuff I wanted to find out. I like to fish the river, hence the name rivernut. But the launches get shallow. Once I get on the river I'm fine, just unloading is a problem.

I can't remember what they are called but I used these screw on plastic bunk slides, they worked really well. They are sold in the usual marine catalogs. I fish the river too and these did the trick for shallow landings. With your light boat it should work well.

I had a set on a 14' boat/trailer. They worked pretty good. It was easier to bolt those on than to re-cover the existing bunks. For river fishing, a tilt trailer works better. Tilt, roller, or bunks, make sure the keel rollers are well lubed, and in good shape. In my case, the bunks only supported the boat when it was cranked all the way up. When I started to launch, the keel rollers took over. The bunks were just along for the ride.

TC

one thing to remember if you have or go to those plates (or what ever they are called ) is to closely keep an eye on the screw heads that hold them to the bunks! i buddy had them on his ranger. worked great, til he saw the heads sticking above the plates. tore the bottom of his boat up pretty bad. del

bass. the plates came off. and $2600 fixed the bottom of the boat!

until that happened though; he said the boat would slide off the trailer on its' own.

so ya ! they work. just check them often!