• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

oil change on grizz 700

bowhunterrj

Doing the first oil change on my dad's new 700 tommorow and was wondering what filter people use. Yami filter is fifteen bucks. Fram makes a filter ph6017a which looks to be the same fo 6.00 bucks. Fleet didn't have a new book for the 700 has anyone used this filter.

That fram filter is not recommended on the nyroc site. Not sure why yet, but it is a motorcycle filter.

This is copied from nyroc site...................

-------------------------------------------------------------------

These Oil Filters have 20 x 1.5mm threads, 14 psi by-pass valve, anti-drain back valve, 2.3" O.D. gasket 2.5" to 3.5" long. If you have the room, I recommend the longer filters.

Motorcycle Filters (not recommended)

Yamaha: 5GH-13440-00-00

Purlator: ML16817

Fram: PH6017A

NAPA: 1358

WIX: 51358

AC: 2057

AMSOIL: SMF-103

Recommended Filters - about 2.5 inches long.

Purolator Pure One: PL14612

Mobil: M1-108

Bosch: 3300

Recommended Filters - about 3.25 inches long.

Purolator Pure One: PL14610

Mobil: 1 M1-110

Bosch: 3323

WalMart SuperTech: ST7317

I use oe, I have bought the Napa filters when I was in a pinch and couldnt get to the dealer. When I bought the Napa filter, it wasnt much cheaper then oe, so I just stick with what the manufacturer recommends.