• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is your stangest pike catch?

It was odd, thats for sure. It took me a good while to believe it; thought one of the kids did it somehow, or maybe someone passing by quietly, but not many people have a pike on hand that size that they want to use as a practical joke (the kids sure didn't), and it was on the stringer in such a way as it went in thru the mouth first; it would have been pretty tough for someone to stuff that eye past all those teeth, even if they would have thought it out enough to make sure it was strung the right direction, which I highly doubt. Just one of those once in a fishing lifetime things!

Up in canada last year, we were drifting lindy rigs in 32 FOW, I had reeled in and was going to have a sandwich, before that though, I wanted to get my jig rod straightened out, the line was all twisted, I casted out a bare, 1/4 oz jig, it sank about two feet and just stopped. I started to reel in and was hooked up to a 34" pike.

I just had to ask myself; If I had thrown a rock out there, would it have eaten that too?

Last fall was fishing on the Mississippi river and happen to catch a 5-6 lb. northern pitch'n cranks into shore. Gave the fish away to a guy who'd accidently dropped it back in river, (with stringer attached). About 4 hours later I was at different area of river switching up to a lindy rig pitch'n out close to main channel and believe it or not caught the same 5-6 lb. northern. The reason I'm sure it was the same fish was cause he still was sport'n the guys stringer in it's mouth.

Strangest one Ive had happen to me was last winter. I was ice fishing and just happened to catch one when I was fishing for crappies (In other words, not using a tip-up) Also strange was that it was about 30 feet deep where I was at haha

I was walleye fishing with my Sister and Mom last September when Mom set the hook and started hollering for me to help her LOL, she was in 18 foot and fought the fish for some time so I figured it was a pike, I saw a silver flash so I figured it was a muskie it came up on the right side of us and ran across the front of the boat it was a Pike, I saw the spots, the next run past the boat left to right it was clear, I said well it was a Muskie then it was a pike now its a muskie again LOL.

She got it to the net and it was the most beautiful fish Ive ever seen in fresh water, the back was iridescent green then as it went down the side it turned purple, to blue, to violet and peach with a silverish white belly.

It was holographic if you turned it one way it looked like a pike turn again it turns into this iridescent rainbow of color, absolutely the coolest thing Ive ever seen, unfortunately we didn't get a good pic of it but we have the memory and she still swims, prolly the only Blue Pike I'll ever see in that lake or any other.

bluepike1.jpg