• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pedistal seats/new floor

keith schultz

Hi guy's

I need some help!!!!!!!!! I'd like to rip out the bench seats & put in a two piece floor with pedistal seats. ? is if i rip out the bench's will it hurt the sides of my 16ft. boat & will it make it weak? I really could use any & all info I can get . thanks!!!!!!!!!!

While I haven't done it, others on here have reported that if you remove all the benches, or at a minimum the forward most one, that yes, you will lose some structure in your boat, unless you build up something else that will help support it.

marine_man

On a 16 crestliner I took out the 2nd seat from rear,It lost integrity of side walls,I installed a rod locker each side,Its now sturdier than before.I'll be posting forsale pics soon as I uncover it,Snowing today but I expect next week to uncover and post.What brand boat ya got? I've done this to a number of boats,My most recent I'm fabricating alum.L sidewalls for storage & rod keepers

Thank you for your help guys.

SPARCEBAG- I'd be interested in seeing the pic's of the boat when you are done.do you do this for a living? I priced a 16' alaskan tiller WOW!!!!!!!!!!! 7900.00 at al's marine & that is just the boat! please get back to me or e-mail me thanks again.

[email protected]

keith

I looked at tracker boats at bass pro just for a reference and they have the total plain jane 16 foot v hull with no floor or anything for under 2000. They also have a grizzly jon boat with seats etc for like 4000. Or you can get the Alumacraft v16 with 2 seats, 25 hp yamaha, trailer, and a depth finder for like 8100

(both would be plus tax, shipping, etc etc. )

Originally Posted By: keith schultz
Thank you for your help guys.

SPARCEBAG- I'd be interested in seeing the pic's of the boat when you are done.do you do this for a living? I priced a 16' alaskan tiller WOW!!!!!!!!!!! 7900.00 at al's marine & that is just the boat! please get back to me or e-mail me thanks again.

[email protected]

keith

Keith what brand boat are you doing? I'm slowly starting a 16.5 SmokerCraft for this year I do 1 a year as a hobbie,to keep busy,I dont hurry just putz.