• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Loooong distance question...

UnderdogsCatfish

What's up from Northern Cali grin.gif Things of the bassy nature are really, REALLY starting to heat up here (the FLW boys are just hammerin' em in the Sacramento Delta!) I'm not quite sure if I'm allowed to post links to any Cali fishing info (or pics of our fish...) as the rules stated I couldn't do so unless I am a "sponser", which I'm not, so I'll refrain for now... Question for you all... Friend of mine is coming to MN at the end of the month for about 2 months or so, and we're looking for any bass fishing info you have to offer! I can imagine it's still freezin' bass there so slloooooooowwwww presentation may be the key? Dropshottin', jiggin', texas, and carolina? (topwater here should be up and running in a couple weeks...) We're most interested in any info you have on the following lakes...

Lura, Elysian, Francis, Tetonka, Sakatah, Wells, Cannon and anything else in that general vicinity. He also mentioned something about a Crystal lake... I used Google Earth to find what he'd be closest to. I've also been looking up reports and such, but direct info from experienced anglers is just so awesome and usually more accurate! Anyhoo, anything you have to spit about it is much, much appreciated! Thank you so much and fish on!!

UC- Welcome to FM/HSO.. Great to have you with us.

I dont know anything about the lakes you listed. Unlike CA, MN has a closed bass season while the fish spawn. MN bass season doesnt open till 5/24/08.. So I'm not sure when you or your buddie will be here, or if you will be here once bass season opens... Once season does open, much of the fishing is bank related. Fishing inside weed edges, and pockets. Spawning flats and such.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/index.html

Here's a link to the Minnesota DNR lake Finder. Type in the name and hit Enter. The maps are basic and there's some info about the gill nets and electro shocking if they did that when they did the last survey. Some lake data may not have been updated in a few years.

Otherwise - Pool2 of the Mississippi is open year round for bass for catch and release only. The backwaters are still frozen, but things are changing fast here. Red Wing is a big walleye attraction, but I've caught some smallies there to. (jig n minnow or jig and ringworm)

Bass season (inland lakes/rivers) is at the end of May - it always Memorial weekend.

PS - Welcome to MN

glad to see you found my other must visit site on the net!

feel free to post some of your big bass pics, these guys have been staring at frozen lakes for months now. it'd drive them nuts! i'll also be making the trip east, at roughly the same time, so i'll be eavesdropping on the info. see ya back at the sniffer.