• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Accounts payable Nina speaking, just a moment...

Timmy - Im laughing more that you can imagin. One of my all time favorites!!! When I had my cubicle job - aka 7 months in he!!, I found a web-site that had sound bites from movies. When I felt like I might go postal I would listen to some of them. AB would call me about once a week and ask about my "swingline" stapler...

Peter asking the occupational hypnotherapists - "Is there anyway you can zonk me out while im at work so it feels like iv'e been fishing all day"?

Peter Gibbons: It's not just about me and my dream of doing nothing. It's about all of us. I don't know what happened to me at that hypnotherapist and, I don't know, maybe it was just shock and it's wearing off now, but when I saw that fat man keel over and die - Michael, we don't have a lot of time on this earth! We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements...

Dom Portwood: Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports.

Peter Gibbons: Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.

Dom Portwood: Yeah. Did you get that memo?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. And the problem is just that I forgot the one time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.

Dom Portwood: Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right...

Peter Gibbons: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?

Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my *%# off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime; so where's the motivation? And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now.

Bob Slydell: I beg your pardon?

Peter Gibbons: Eight bosses.

Bob Slydell: Eight?

Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled; that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired...

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Bob Slydell: Great.

Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

That's my life you're joking about!

I was thinking of installing a door on my cube like Less Nessman’s in WKRP.

"Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day..." I love that movie.

ththibelieveyouhavemystkw4.jpg

Otis - I used to sit in my cube and "space" out. Hard to do for long as we were monitored for productivity hard! On particularly bad days id day dream about running trip lines or tearing down my cube. We had 18 people in the department and all the charicters from the movie were present. The "boss man" even wore suspenders like Lumberg...

BTW - I got the package, very nice! I'll be in need of some more down the road. When I get some dart done in the next few days i'll get them and some others of to you...

Ya, the IT life is a tough one. Most days I don't leave the cube except to get coffee or a bathroom break. Then there are meetings. I'd rather be in my cube than go to them. None of my friends can figure out how I can do it. But once work is through it's the great outdoors!

Thanks. Let me know if there's anything I can do to improve the jig heads. I was tinkering with different kinds of lead to try to get rid of the wrinkles in the heads. But it looks like the power paint will hide those.

Thanks for the descriptive power paint post. That answered a lot of my questions. Can't wait to get some and give it a try.

I filed them down to smooth them out. There's nothing I hate more than seeing jigs that have the molding or cut marks on them. It only takes a second and makes them look much cleaner. I'll let you know when I get the new molds. Let me know when you're ready for more.