• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable Houses

Icefisher23

Originally Posted By: tisosy11
I have an X2 that is flawless. The only thing that could be an issue is pulling it out - its a bear.

Great tub, great seats, great canvas, great pole design, huge!

The X2 is a very nice house but flawless it is not....I have one also and already have to have a new canvas put on because the way it is designed the tarp when cold is a bear to stretch and this has caused stress on the seems of the tarp...got a new one on hold with a warranty issue with clam.....

also it is a little heavier but from the little bit I have been pulling this house it actually goes over the snow smoothly and doesn't have much restance as I thought!!

Maybe it was just the one that I purchased but overall I like the house but I wish they would have it dark on the ceiling and front and light colored on the sides cause you can't look down a hole and sight fish in this house cause of the reflection of the light colored tarp overhead or atleast not as easy as my blue clam!!

i would also check out Canvas Craft as well. I have one, and I love that baby like my home. Part i love about them the best, is that they dont cut corners when they make them.

Check this out!

Originally Posted By: Dave
bannerej5.jpg

With temps ranging from 10 to 30 degrees across Minnesota, call me wimpy but, trying to stay warm inside a portable ice fishing shelter on such cold days is not my idea of fun. Rather than sit at home on one such cold day, however, I decided to do a little shopping. fish house shopping that is. I made a trip to Canvas Craft Inc., located in Ramsey, Minnesota. Now, with what Ive learned, Ill have to rethink my hard water fishing plans on such cold arctic days.

The OtterSkin Flip-Over is available in a variety of sizes; with or without the sled

flipover1el4.jpg

Canvas Craft has been manufacturing outdoor fabric products since 1977. With its introduction of the OtterSkin, twenty some years ago, ice fishing shelter technology at Canvas Craft just keeps getting better. Canvas Craft developed - and is the exclusive distributor - for NorpacR2, an extreme weather fabric featuring Thinsulate insulation quilted between two layers of flame resistant fabric. Now, ice fishing in such cold temps might be rather enjoyable.

Current NorpacR2 material on left has more insulating capabilities than previous generation material on right

norpachy5.jpg

From what I saw at Canvas Craft, the quality and ruggedness of ice fishing shelters coming out of its modest sized Ramsey location does compete with big box outdoor retailers. Actually, Canvas Craft manufactures some of those fishing shelters as well. If youre in the market for an ice fishing shelter, heres what I witnessed while at Canvas Craft.

Canvas Craft OtterSkin shelters are available in heavy single layer canvas or the NorpacR2 insulated material. The NorpacR2 material adds from 3-5 pounds of weight, depending on the shelter size. But, sitting in a NorpacR2 equipped shelter should be approximately 35 degrees warmer than a standard canvas shelter.

If your budget permits, I think the minimal added weight of the NorpacR2 material is a non-factor in respect to what is gained; warmer inside temperature, no condensation build-up inside, easier to heat, brighter inside and no wind flap, to name a few benefits.

Steel, double pole support systems add strength to the shelter.

supportswm5.jpg

steelsupportwn2.jpg

Rugged cloth trim basically eliminates ripped skirting; when removing shelter from frozen in areas.

skirttriman6.jpg

Fully velcro attached insulated windows on NorpacR2 equipped shelters

windowns8.jpg

Side vents (one on each side)double as eye level windows. Vent size can be adjusted easily. An accessory pouch is also incorporated on each side

ventmp5.jpg

All types of bench or single seats are available separately or in a shelter package.

seatsek8.jpg

Reflective material on each outside corner for safety while night fishing

reflectivetagskw4.jpg

The Northlander Series of shelters are available in a variety of sizes (4X8 to 8X8) in kit form where you supply the wood floor and assembly or completely assembled. The Northlander Series of shelters fold up for transporting; much like a suitcase.

northlandcanvaswo9.jpg

The Northlander Series, like the OtterSkin flip-over models, are available constructed in either heavy canvas or NorpacR2 material.

northlanderfp8.jpg

I gained a ton of valuable information about ice fishing shelters from the staff at Canvas Craft. It would be time well invested if you did also, while shelter shopping. Canvas Craft has two locations, in Rogers and Ramsey, Minnesota. And, they repair or custom build fishing shelters, boat covers, tents, awnings and a variety of other tarp related needs.

Canvas Craft

To learn more about NorPacR2

NorPacR2

Rogers Location

763-428-4325/888-428-4325

Ramsey Location

763-421-2506/888-421-2506

just got a canvas craft doublewide with the ins. canvas. it is great. -2 degrees with a small heater and a lantern is no problem at all! Nine and a half out the door with tax, cover and hitch. Ben from the Rogers location is a great guy and lots of help.