• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Eagle

I got my first postable eagle shot. He is a juvie, captured with my 70-300 VR handheld at 300mm. Hopefully I'll get some tighter shots eventually. It was, overall, a good learning experience today.

juvie.jpg

I'm glad you asked Mountain Dew. I discovered that I had my camera 's ISO set too high. I thought I had turned it down but I guess not. At least I figured out why I thought some of my pictures were a little noisy, they were noisy. It was shot with a Nikon D50 with a 70-300 VR lens at 220mm, f10, 1/3200, ev -1/3, ISO at a whooping 800 and cropped in at about 50%. Oops, I think I remember somewhere on one of these threads that someone suggested always check the ISO and I've heard it elsewhere too. Oh well, I need the practice with noise ninja anyway.

I was down at the MN River NWR, this eagle was working the area and I also saw about 4 or 5 others, plus some hawks and one cardinal.

Eagles are the best. I have some paintings of bald eagles in the house, but it would be really neat to have some good photos of them too.

Congradulations Yakfisher, nice shot.

I'm sure you found out that they are not that easy to keep in the viewfinder, at least not for me anyway.

DMN