• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

good 22LR?

A "plain jane" Nylon 66 run around $300 in excellent shape.

The less common models sell for upwards of $600-$700 in like new condition. The less common models would be the Black Diamond stocked model, the Chrome barreled model, the Bicentennial model from 1976 etc.

You stock standard white diamond stocked guns are a nice gun, shoot well but not much value in terms of collectibilty.

As for a NICE 22lr, if price isnt a concern I'd go with a Kimber. I have the Kimber hunter modle and it is hands down the NICEST 22lr I have ever laid hands on. Just a dream to shoot. But for the price you could buy 2 or 3 of the other rifles listed by others.

I got a remington 597 .22LR for 3 years and gone through 7,000 rounds. I have not change or replace anything on mine and still works the same as I got it. If you like tinkering than I would suggest a ruger 10/22, lots of aftermarket parts. I tried almost all the auto .22LR and for an auto .22LR, out of the box accuracy nothing beats the remington 597.

Wow, on the third page and I have seen no mention of the Henry lever guns. We have a couple every year at our RMEF banquet, and the Golden Boy is a beuatiful gun.

I have a Winchester lever new in the box that I have not shot yet, but it is a high quality firearm.

The one I always reach for is my stainless composite stock Ruger 10/22.

Trany, ya kind of opened a can of worms on this one, for one, nearly every hunter has/ has had an amazing .22. because the truth behind it is that the best .22 is "mine" it is the "go to" gun. target practice, small game, a [PoorWordUsage] contest among buddies, there is alot of pressure that rides on the little gun, and if a survey was taken, i'm willing to bet that about 90% would end up saying that it is their favorite cartdrige. every .22 has a story, it has either been handed down through the generation, the first gun ya ever shot, a $2000 tricked out tackdriver, or just some random beat up gun thats behind the seat of the truck. IMO every .22 is a good gun even if the barrel is bent and tristed, its still a great shooter. so if your going out to buy one new, find one that you think will best fit ywhat you are using it for or budget, but you probably will never regret getting any kind of .22LR