• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

places to do a good weekend hike

chuckwagon

where is a good place in the state to do a couple day hike? like do 5 or 10 miles in a day and camp off the trail. it seems like the superior hike trail is the only place. can anyone point me in the right direction?

SHT is not the only place; just the best. It's incredible.

Gunflint is an option.

BWCA has some trails, but they can be challenging.

An often unknown, and certainly underutilized trail system is on Voyaguers island up on Rainy. Cool inland lakes, awesome fishing, nice sites, boats, etc. You just need a water taxi to get there.

Do some research for the "Norway Trail" in the Superior National Forest Northeast of Orr, MN. The North trail head is just off the Echo Trail on FR #471 (Near Lake Jeanette). The trail goes for around 6 to 8 miles to the Trout Lake. I've deer hunted the Northern section of the trail many times. A very remote and scenic area but you will want a good map and compass. You may need a BWCA permit if you get near Trout Lake.

I like the Border Route trail. Parts of it are in the BWCA so you'll need to plan accordingly. If you want a wilderness type experience without all the regulations, Suomi Hills north of Grand Rapids is another place to try.