• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cold Weather is Coming!!!

I checked a few different sites to make sure that it wasn't a fluke, and yep, the cold weather is on its way again. The ten day forecast on a couple different sites showed that teens and possibly single digits are going to be hitting us in a week or so. We just have to get by this next week stretch of 30s and 40s then I think we'll be back on track ( I hope ).

Just got me excited and I thought I'd share it will everyone!

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

Yeah...I've been watching and hoping that we didn't lose what ice we have. But after looking around a bit today, we may be better off if the ice (or what's left of it) would melt away and start over again this (next) weekend.

I walked out a ways on one of the nearby lakes just a week ago...wouldn't try it now.

This from the NWS Group:

A big warmup follows the trough beginning Wednesday...with Thursday
and Friday looking very warm. Southwest winds at all levels and
falling vorticities should keep the heavy marine air mass offshore
and push temperatures to unseasonable levels. There have been a
number of theories about the strength and nature of the frontal
passage expected the following weekend...we will wait for a few more
runs before expounding on that. At this time...the strength of the front
should significantly affect the thermal wind...turn the winds
aloft...and slow the thing down...with waves developing along it. frown.gif

Chubbies11,

Yeah, tell me about it. I look at the weather yesterday and it says cold weather in a week, not it says 30s and 40s again. I don't know, guess we can't get too excited on projected forecasts. And I thought we were in for some cold weather here shortly. Sorry for getting everyone so pumped.

Hopefully we are going to get some cold weather soon and we just don't know about it wink.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

Matt- What Jo-Jo beans are smokin, drinkin, fixin, etc smile.gif

The weather forecast for Duluth, courtesy of weather.com, has us in the 40's and even some 50's through middle of next week.
Your prediction of this cold weather better come fast, I've got the itch to get out!!

It's supposed to be NICE this weekend, near 60 on Fri/Sat. And I know EXZACTLY why. Everyone can blame me because I'm going to AZ. It's prally going to be unseasonably cold and wet down there and dry and warm up here. It's how it allways happens. frown.gif

I was looking at a forecast that had it getting good and cold starting Friday. Now they've pushed it back again...next Monday before it starts getting cold. This is really starting to pi$$ me off. I was hoping for ice fishing Thanksgiving weekend.

Now I'm gonna be grumpy all day. All week, even.

Looks to me like the only one who could walk out on the metro lakes this Thanksgiving is Jesus. At least he won't need an auger! smile.gif Not to mention, his fishing methods have always been a little unconventional.

C'mon cold weather! Maybe a little bit of freze-up starting next week?

Easy guys...the ice will come, it always does.

But if it warms remember there are great opportunities on rivers yet.

Check in with the local bait shops and see if the boats are out and about. Especially near the Twin Cities and on some border waters to the south there are great opportunities for river eyes about now.

As for ice, well...be prepared and it will come...it always does.

I am trying to look at it this way, this nice weather gives me plenty of opportunity to get things done around the house, and get ready for the holiday’s, before the ice season comes.

- Make sure the snow thrower is ready for action
- Planning our annual Christmas party.
- Christmas cards (of course my wife will do most, I just have to write addresses!)
- Christmas shopping – no long lines and parking at the back of the lot.
- Wrapping presents
- Decorating the house
- Clean the garage

On 12/23, I will be on the ice, catching crappies and eyes while the mall is packed with last minute shoppers.