• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre Retires!!!!!!!!!

wallmounter

That was a different year flatlander (football knowledge questioned?)...we lost 27-30 in the year we went 15-1...

The packers are 3-7 in their last playoff games...at least 3 at storied lambeau field and one to the vikings.

I said it jokingly that cold sunday when the packers lost to the giants...that Favres last pass was going to be an ugly, ugly interception!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packer fans knowledge usually does end there. You've probably already swept the giant game and that INT under the rug. Much less 6 ints vs St Louis, Minny coming into Lambeau and winning after getting swept in the regular season, Michael "so over rated" Vick coming into Lambeau and winning. Have i missed any?? Favre hasnt shined in the playoffs. The INT against the giants costing the packers the game was very predictable, we've seen it from him many times before.

It's about time he retires.

Favre was the best ever, I'll give him that. The best ever at throwing INT's!!!! Give credit where credit is due.....he was the best at throwing right to the other team. He'd probably have the best ever completion percentage too if you'd include those INT's! \:D\:Dgrin.gifwhistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Flatlander
 Originally Posted By: james_walleye
Hey Flat, pretty sure the pack has choked away just as many lombardi's as the vikings have. Favre being reason #1 for many opportunities to get them. The giant game this postseason was just 1 of many we watched Brett toss away.

3 for 4 at the big dance. I would have to credit Elway's game more than a Pack choke in that one. Now if you're talking playoff losses (15-1 reg season-41-0 playoff game loss blush.gif), my football knowledge only goes so far. eek.gif

Vikes vs Pack Head to Head in Playoffs....Vikes 1 Pack ZERO!!!!!!!!! Come on anyone can find stats to back up smack talk. What I really want to know is has the governor in Wisconsin called March 4th Brett Favre Day yet?

No, that about sums it up...I was on a bowl trip with all my Packer buddies/wife (went to University of Wisconsin) We stopped in for dinner and everyone was shocked that Vick beat Favre in Lambeau...becuase lambeau meant something then...not so much anymore.

On a side note I absolutely loved it!

Originally Posted By: tisosy11
That was a different year flatlander (football knowledge questioned?)...we lost 27-30 in the year we went 15-1...

I'm not going to lie, my Viking knowledge is limited. In fact, I didn't even know Minnesota had a team until I moved here. blush.gif

Packer fans knowledge usually does end there. You've probably already swept the giant game and that INT under the rug. Much less 6 ints vs St Louis, Minny coming into Lambeau and winning after getting swept in the regular season, Michael "so over rated" Vick coming into Lambeau and winning. Have i missed any?? Favre hasnt shined in the playoffs. The INT against the giants costing the packers the game was very predictable, we've seen it from him many times before.

Again, you're referring to playoff games. I thought the Lombardi trophy was presented at the big dance. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the Pack has 3 more than the Vikes. And they've played in the same number of Superbowls.

I'm talking choking away opportunities at Lombardis. All those playoff losses by Favre did that. You don't have to lose the superbowl itself to choke away that opportunity. A packer fan will never recognize the fact that their messiah plays the playoff goat more often than playoff hero.

I'm trying to brush up on my Vikes knowledge. So far, this is all I've found...... The Vikings have won one NFL championship (Pre-1970 AFL-NFL Merger) losing 23-7 to the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl IV and were the first team to both play in and lose four Super Bowls. That's all Wikpedia had.

Now, I did find a few other photos for you to enjoy.

Super Bowl I

starriju6.jpg

Super Bowl II

bartlo7.th.jpg

A fine QB Bart was, just not so good on the coaching side.

Originally Posted By: Flatlander

Again, you're referring to playoff games. I thought the Lombardi trophy was presented at the big dance. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the Pack has 3 more than the Vikes. And they've played in the same number of Superbowls.

Ah still pulling out the ol "How many super bowls do you have" line. Can't debate it it's the truth. But living in the past prevents you from seeing the future, and the future in Cheddarland is dismal today.

I give you credit flatlander though, at least you are here defending your team, unlike the rest of cheddarnation which is huddled under their desk in the fetal position wondering when the world will end.

There's a lot of hate getting thrown around in this topic. I just wonder if anyone posting negative things about Favre here, realizes they are talking about a 3 time MVP, shoo-in for the Hall of Fame, some one who has beat drug addiction (and his wife beating cancer) and quite possibly one of the kindest, most down to earth football players to ever play. And I didn't even mention all the records he holds. He is now and probably will always be better than any quarterback to play for the Vikings, let alone most any other team in the NFL. I'm not some head in the clouds idealist either I know he had flaws, he's only human guys. Can't people just be happy for the guy having a good career.

Again, a packer fan can't and won't recognize that their messiah is more often the playoff goat than playoff hero. As if i dont know of my own teams chokes. Atlanta was a joke, you wont find a bigger joke. 41-0 was disgusting, whos argueing that? Every year us viking fans find a different way to get let down. Thanks for proving my point though again and again over by not acknowledging what the playoff Brett Favre is all about. I will never dispute the fact the he is a great QB, but he does lack in this area, but people won't talk about it. This topic should be on that history channel showed entitled "Taboo", a packer fan acknowleding Brett Favre might have a downfall.

#12 Aaron Rodgers | QB

Full Name: Aaron Charles Rodgers

Born: December 2, 1983

Chico, CA

Height: 6-2

Weight: 223 lbs. Age: 24

Pos: QB

Experience: 3 years

College: California

Drafted: Year:2005 Round:1 Pick:24,

RAT 106.0 | YDS 218 | TD 1

Profile Stats Splits Game Log News Scouting Fantasy

Stat Overview Passing

SPLIT CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2007 20 28 218 71.4 7.79 43 1 0 3 106.0

Poised

rodgers3bq7.th.jpg

Working out with the master

rodgers2di2.jpg

Ready to take over the reins

rodgersuw2.jpg

Wallmounter, how sad is it that you know darn well there are people in the cheddarnation who actually are taking a half day off work because of this.

I think i posted this once but its a good story. I ran into a packer fan in mexico a month ago. He asked where i was from and i said MN and he said oh, im from WI, you know the state that has a real football team. I chuckled, and replied, yeah they've had some good teams the last 10 years, to bad they havent had a QB that could get them to the superbowl in that span. His little smerk disappeared from his mug and he changed the subject.

Wallmounter, how sad is it that you know darn well there are people in the cheddarnation who actually are taking a half day off work because of this.....

They have had multiple people call into the FAN and say that all tv stations in Milwakee and Green Bay are dropping everything and dong Favre tributes as well as a journalist form a Sconi newspaper say they are running a large special edition tonight and another special spread tomorrow. It truly is a great day to be a Viking fan (and yes flatlander I know you still have more super bowl rings grin.gif)

What part of Mexico were you in? I was in Isla Mujeres for a wedding, in late Jan. Unfortunately, the groom was able to convince the restaurant to get a satelite installed so we could watch the game. It would have been easier to see the score on the news than to actually see it unfold. On a side note, I met 2 brothers that were quite consoling....Don Julio brown and Don Julio silver. Five or six shots and I was feeling pretty good again.

Funny how people are happy Favre retired....must mean something....like that thorn in their side for 16 years. As I said before, now the Vikes might, MIGHT, have a chance. rofl. Vikings fans are pathetic to act like this, but I really shouldn't be surprised at all. Very childish.

Originally Posted By: wallmounter
Wallmounter, how sad is it that you know darn well there are people in the cheddarnation who actually are taking a half day off work because of this.....

They have had multiple people call into the FAN and say that all tv stations in Milwakee and Green Bay are dropping everything and dong Favre tributes as well as a journalist form a Sconi newspaper say they are running a large special edition tonight and another special spread tomorrow. It truly is a great day to be a Viking fan (and yes flatlander I know you still have more super bowl rings grin.gif)

You are just proving exactly what I'm saying. The largest Minnesota talk radio station is talking about nothing but Favre. Aren't the Wild leading the division with a big game tonight? Isn't Liriano back on the mound and lookin good?

If Favre wasn't the great player that he is, would all of this be going on. Would the entire sports world(nation wide), be buzzing if Tarvaris retired, or a truly great one like Matt Birk? I think not.

Even here on FM, you all are proving my point. For that I thank you.

Of course its a big story. Is anyone disputing that he isnt a great QB? I'm not. Why is it pathetic or childish to question whether or not Favre is a clutch playoff QB? Why is it so taboo??? Because i'm questioning this does not mean i don't think hes a great QB. I just find it interesting that this part of his game is always swept under the rug.