• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TWINS on ESPN - March 5th

mr_jman

Our first chance to watch the new look of the Twins will come on Wednesday, March 5th @ 12:15pm on ESPN! Then again on FSN on Sunday, March 9th @ 12:05pm! Both games vs. the Yankees!

ENJOY!

Great day to work from home. Avoid the snowy commute and flick between the high school hockey tournament and Twins game all afternoon. Just hope my boss isn't viewing these pages...

--edit-- Wow!! Garret Jones just blasted a home run WAY out to right field. That ball was absolutely crushed.

We have some good players on our team but there was a few rookie mistakes there also. I think we will be competitive this year, more so with a strong second half.

I agree with wanderin - it will be a tough open to the season....acclumating all the new guys and such.

But we should come together nicely down the stretch and scare for 2nd in the division...not that we can do it but we can get close i think.

Not to boast or anything but I'm heading to Fort Myers on Friday March 14th for a little spring training action and a few jaunts out in the Everglades. I'm getting pretty pumped-up for the trip given all this winter has dished out.

We're also going to a Red Sox game down there. I can't wait to see David-O again; he was my favorite Twin when he was actually in the line-up back in the day. Who remebers him hitting a home run in KC with a wrist broken on the previous at bat?

I've got to admit though, given his track record leading up to his departure I could see why the Twins wouldn't give him the money; just too many injuries.

Yes, I remember Ortiz hitting that homer - now that you mention it!

Pretty good game overall! Of course there were some mistakes primarily in Center (I thought). Alexi Casilla made a really nice play and throw from the hole though! 3 homers on offense isn't bad either. None of them came from a Twin on the team last year! Neshek looks good again! We gave up a 9th inning HR and they had the tying run at the plate, but otherwise a good game!

See if they can out perform the Yanks on Sunday on FSN! But now it's time to watch some HS Hockey and GOPHERS basketball tonight after work!

I think Young was a great addition to the team. I am picking Gomez will win the CF postion, at first I thought Pirdie should have it but have since changed my mind. Lamb, and Harris will cover the infield, and Buscher will be the reliever/pinch hitter.

Watching yesterdays game I thought Oswaldo had some good stuff for a closer, until he gave up the dinger in the 9th. Although he is really young, he has some time to control his pitches yet.

SP- Baker, Boof, Liriano, Hernandez, Blackburn to start the season. A month in, who knows!