• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Newspaper Home Delivery For Less

ottertailguy

I have the StarTribune delivered to our house 7 days a week. At a family gathering I was told to call the paper and ask for either the $1.75 for the whole week or $1.50 for Wed. thru Sunday. I was paying $4.29 a week. That's $91.00 vs $223.00 for the whole year. The normal price for Sunday only is over 100.00 per year. I told them I was thinking of cancelling.

Ottertailguy, I just called and asked about the program you mentioned and found out that it is only good for 13 weeks and then they put you back on the regular deal and your cost goes up to something like $4 per week. Keep your eye on the mail box as evidently you will be given notice end willhave a chance to cut it back to whatever other program you wish. Too much hassle for me I am going to just stay with the sunday paper at $2

I did this .50 a week for a year deal, but I don't anymore. Be sure you read the fine print and ask how long you have to pay. I was getting bills in the mail and was paying $6.50 every time I got a bill, then one Sunday the paper quit coming, so I called and asked why and they said that I didn't pay my bill, I of course knew I had and told them that I kept getting bills, but didn't know why since I sent the checks and they cleared the bank each time- I was told that since I didn't pay the entire $26.00 by some time frame that my subscription reverted to a standard cost and I owed them money. The last check had already cleared the bank otherwise I would have stopped payment on it. I told them to put a note in my account to never call me again. Now, was this my fault, maybe, The bills that came never had the amount correct on them, there was never a $26.00 option on the bill. I figured it to be a screw up on their part and made my payments as needed, I thought. For a company that is laying people off because they are not selling papers anymore you would think they would work for you a little more, now they will never get another .10 out of me. So long story short, read the terms of the payment on "deals" they are sending out.

I told my father in-law last week after they got back from Florida. So he called but they told him that the $91.00 is over. So then he said he was going to cancel and then gal on the phone told him that she could offer him $111 for a year. It's still better than regular price so he took it. Yes, the newspapers across the country are on tough times but I don't think charging people different prices for their product is the answer.