• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

slip bobber ?

evinrude19

4 lb. test is standard on my summer panfish rigs.I may go to 6, or 8 lb. at the heaviest, if the cover is really heavy, or snaggy-an example would be fishing in or around wood/timber.It really depends on which lake I am fishing at the time.

for line i use 2 & 4 # solar XT, but if i'm fishing around heavier cover, i do have one spool with 1/8 PP.

i almost always have one rod rigged with a 1/80 flu flu/hair jig of some sort. it may get tipped with a rasto body or a waxie. del

I use various size YBD Jigs with Maki Plastics or vairoius other plastics with 4# test. I have been using light line for so long, I wouldn't think of using anything heavier! I also us an 8.5' Ultra Light Rod in most close fishing situations and a smaller length rod for casting such presentations with a Slipbobber!!

Nothing more than 4lb. test on the ultralight. This makes catching them that much more fun. A good fight with a light drag when a bass rolls through.

Usually use a feather jig (flu-flu or lindy) 1/16 or 1/8 oz. I like the slip bobber because I can still keep a hand on my beer.

When the crappies move shallow, I have had great success with bare hook and a minnow set 6-12" under the surface. Casting along bull rushes in 1-2 fow on certain areas of tonka this can be deadly.