• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

robby gordon fined and penaltilized

L_Cappo

Gordon has been penalized 100 championship driver and owner points.(unapproved front bumper cover)

Nationwide Series dale jr has been penalized with the loss of 50 championship driver points, while car owner Rick Hendrick has been penalized 50 championship owner points.

Crew chief Chad Walter has been fined $25,000 and suspended for the next six Nationwide Series events until April 9 and placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2008.

there is a boat load of infractions for alot of teams in the nationwide series after daytona

Originally Posted By: lawdog
Hey Bill didn't Robbie Reiser miss six races last year? Ya I thought so...

Rumor has it ,NASCAR secretly apologized to the #17,

and Robbie Reiser for making a mistake.

Whats more, they promised to keep a closer

eye on the hendricks organization for what were

some very, very questionable wins last year.

Looks they are living up to their word.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Bill
 Originally Posted By: lawdog
Hey Bill didn't Robbie Reiser miss six races last year? Ya I thought so...

Rumor has it ,NASCAR secretly apologized to the #17,

and Robbie Reiser for making a mistake.

Whats more, they promised to keep a closer

eye on the hendricks organization for what were

some very, very questionable wins last year.

Looks they are living up to their word.

WHAT A CROCK! What color is the sky in your world????

I checked around a little for Uncle Bill's rumors and what I've found out was thate NASCAR didn't actually apologize to Rousch, they told Roush and Reiser that he had to get off the pit box due to his cheating ways, they just weren't going to tolerate him there anymore. That's why he got moved in the rousch organization I guess... Makes perfect sense now why they broke up one of the longest running best driver/crew chief combos in the sport...

Gordon knocked Kenseth silly??? Was more like a school yard shove. Lol

Kenseth may not be the flashiest driver, but he sure has been one of the most consistant. I guess that could all change due to losing his crew chief, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

I highly doubt Nascar made Reiser leave the pit box either. Show me some proof on that one.

If thats the case why doesn't Nascar break up Johnson and Knaus? Chads well known for being one of the best at bending the rules and finding loop holes. How many times has that team been fined and suspended??

Another rumor has it that NASCAR, as a

further appeasement to the Champion #17,

would use the colors yellow and balck (DeWalt colors)

in it's new NASCAR/Sprint Cup Series logo.

Looks like some of these rumors might be

growing legs !!

Go #17 !

What I find interesting on this is the fact that this thread was supposed to be about Robbie Gordon.

Couple of things we should keep in mind about the happenings with Robby gordon and his team. First, he switched to Dodge only 5 days before going to Daytona for the big event. Second, the front end he submitted for inspection was one that had been sent to NASCAR but not approved yet by the officials. The car didn't even hit the track yet at this point. He made the change, went back through inspection without any issues.

I would not call that cheating in this case...but I would call it an oversight in the quick change-over to dodge and alligning with Gillette Evernham that should have been noticed before going to the track.

So...I feel he may have been a bit more harshly penalized than what some other driver/teams would receive.

Don't get me wrong, though...I am not a Robby fan at all...he's too bull-headed and makes stupid mistakes that cost him and other drivers out there... I just think this penalty was a bit "over the top" for a car that didn't even hit the track.

Compare his penalty to JJ's/Knaus' little window trick a couple of years back.... Granted...new car, but there is a major difference between downright blatant, and oversight.

Steve

What I find interesting on this is the fact that this thread was supposed to be about Robbie Gordon.

Well said Steve it seems every thread has a way of turning into your guy did this... no he did'nt your guy did that.....

Sifty

Wow...the planets must have been in line while a solar eclipse was happening on a full moon day...and Elvis turned up somewhere.

This is the ONLY time I have ever heard of an appeal being 100% turned over. This is good for Robby, and good for NASCAR as well.

Evidently, NASCAR admitted that they had the serial number for that front end too...and a mixup could have occurred on their part as well.

Steve

It wasn't 100% turned over though, the fine increased from 100,000 to 150,000. But the money wasn't really the issue Robby Gordon was fighting, it was the points and suspension so in essence, yes it was turned over. He still has to pay the piper though. Would have been great if they leveled the fine too, but there is only so much you can ask for.