• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Women vs Men....Please Vote

I voted 40-60 because we both should agree on the purchase if it is big. He picked out a boat in 1983, insisted it was a great boat, we both grew to hate it. Two years ago my brother left me a small amount of money and made me promise to use it for a new boat. While he was ill he and I researched dozens of boats online. Just before he passed away we both decided we liked the Lund 16.5 Rebel. I bought it and named it "4UMikey" and I think about him everytime I take the boat out. I love it, and by the way the hubby likes this boat too. (He doesn't get to use it as much as me due to his disability)

I voted in the middle. I tend to do the most research on big purchases and then bring the information home but all in all it is a 50/50 decision. We tend to go two ways, buy immediately or talk things to death and then just don't do it. The last two purchases were made ( four wheeler and a Mule ) over the phone, did not go to the store until we went to pick them up....I tend to do research on what I want, call around for the best price and buy it.

Last year I was really looking at new boats and the previous three also. I just didnt want to spend the money. One day we are driving into the cities to go shopping and my wife said, have you found a boat yet and I said yes. The she said when are you going to buy it and I said I dont know. Well, as we were coming closer to drive by the dealer where I had been looking, she said why dont you just stop and buy it as we have the time. I asked her if she wanted to come in and look at it and she stated why, you are the one that wants it.

She has been in it thre to four times and the other night we were talking and she thought she may just go more this summer.

So yes, we both make the decision on making large purchases but she really doesnt care what I buy.

Gotta love her.

Well I would have to say that I am in the 50% catagory. I found a boat that had everything in it that I needed and was right for what I need on the lake, then I went to the women that I do or could have accompany me on the lake to get some opinions. I am a younger sportsman that fishes alone for the most part but when I do have the rare chance of a female companion, or an even more rare chance to have a female fish with me I grab it. So in my line of thinking I dont want to turn off any new gals by having a boat that they can not be comfortable in. It has been a less than productive way to meet girls but when I do get the chance to go fishing with a girl I thank my sister and friends for their input.

So after all that rambling I basically am trying to say that no matter what men want they wil change it for the women in their life, even something as important as their boat.

I was in the same situation as HL. I wanted one, drooled over it for months, but I couldnt get myself to pull the trigger. Then one saturday, we drove by the dealership and I said there is the boat I want she told me to go there and buy it, so I did. I dont know if I would have spent that much money on a boat, if she wouldnt have convinced me to just buy it. I probably would have just bought a smaller used boat. So I dont know what % that would be. I was going to buy one, she just convinced me to buy new, and bigger.

Im gonna say she had nearly NO say in the model/type of boat. That being said, she had 51% say in the actual PURCHASE as she is the family accountant and does very well with maintianing our finances and budget. I was told the payment must stay below $X.xx so as long as I did that, I could get what I wanted within the price range permitted by the monthly payment limit she set.