• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Drop Rack for 500 Sprtsman

ducker

Can anybody recommend a drop rack for a 2006 Sportsman 500. Many drop racks out there but many say they don't work with the Polaris composite rack. Is that true?

Also, I don't imagine you would have access to the rear storage compartment.

I saw a cool item on fisher's ATV World last night. It's actually a tube made by Tamarack that each end screws off and seals water tight. It's a total of 3 cubic feet inside and can mount behind most of the other plastic boxes and removes from it's holder within seconds.

I don't have much experience with drop racks, but the Polaris composite racks can be an issue. That doesn't mean there isn't ways around them though.

I have never had one, but thought they could be useful for some things. On the other hand I thought they would catch all the dirt and mud from the tires. Depends on your situation. I would think that Kolpin makes one, and sold at cabelas, but not sure for the Polaris. They look really rugged at the store.

I have the one Cabela's sells on my Honda Foreman. If I were to buy another one I think I'd go with the Otter Monster Box instead of a drop rack. The drop rack is hard to keep things from sliding around unless you have it packed full, and like was mentioned water/mud/dirt/slush get thrown up from rear tires and make a mess.

Also you DO NOT have access to rear cargo area once its on there.