• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does anyone angle while spearing?

B420

With the rule changes making this legal, are any of you taking advantage of this? I have been putting a hook in the live decoy to try and angle the bigger pike so I can release vs. kill them. Also have been keeping a ultra light pannie set up with me to catch the gills, crappies, bass etc. to get some action when times are slow. Lots of fun sight fishing the other species

Idid early in the season and had fun cathing some bass and jiging a daredevil for pike is a blast but the thought of tangleing all those lines always pop in to my head.

Havent brought the rod with on the last 5-6 outings.

when i have other people in my house, since my house is so big, i am able to do that as well. Set up a tip-up out so the people that are in the house with me, will be able to have some action as well. Keeps people enjoying the fun of the sport.

Great way to enjoy those bigger fish. Rather than taking the spear to them...hook, line and release these bigger ones so we can enjoy them tomorrow and into the future. Or just watch them swim...either way is a great option. It seems as though the bigger pike are becoming more scarce all the time on some waters. Hopefully we can find ways (such as this) to help reverse that trend.

Aaron

B420 I have been panfishing while I spear. The rule change is great.If I understand it right, you can only use 1 hook if you are spearing. So if you have a light rod down for panfish , you are not allowed to use a hook on your decoy minnow. It needs a harness.Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

McFin-

I haven't looked it up myself but had a retired guy tell me the same thing - can't have a hook on the decoy and a second pole in the water. Figured it was good info since the guy has a lot of time on his hands to figure out the laws.