• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend Trip to the King!

Not to early to talk about Saturday's visit to the King is it. ;)Salmospanker and Insurance Guy let's start setting the plan of attack. Will be quadable guaranteed. grin.gif So my new Otter Wilderness Perch will be making it's maiden voyage grin.gif. I will have a couple of rods, Thorne Bros.,42" professional for outside hole hopping and the walleye light for smaller baits.

John did you want me to come down Fri. night or just meet you at the house Saturday morning?

I'm stoked!

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
 Originally Posted By: Salmonspanker
Tim,

Bring on the lakers and the perch!

SS

Perch??? I'll guess I'll pack a couple of more rods then grin.gif

Oh yeah!! 50 is the limit, they aren't as big as my southern favorite lake, but they are decent.

SS

Dress warm, real warm, we're in for a whopping high of 12 on Saturday at the KING based on today's forecast crazy.gif Might want a heater and shanty also grin.gif Still not sure if we can get machines out yet but if not we'll just fish lakers and make the short 200 yard walk at one of the good trout spots but either way we're fishing and we'll decide on the details by Friday!

Originally Posted By: ENYTYLER
Any word on how much snow the king got and how the conditions are sounds like its going to be cold and windy hope the fishing is good

I haven't gotten any reports Tyler but I don't think there's any more snow there than we got here. Bring a perch rod along just in case. I'm going to bring my 4 wheeler in case the ice is better than we think and we might be able to shuttle everybody a short distance to some perch grounds depending on the conditions out there. We'll get a few lakers for sure at the very least.

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
Latest weather update for Saturday on the King..

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -1. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Rising B.P. Yuck!

I don't get too worried about the BP at the KING! The lakers should be turned on at some point during the morning and hopefully all day especially now at early ice when the trout bite is best. The sunnier the better for lakers. If the ice is nice and firm which it should be we can make the short move to "perch country" and try that for a while also. In regards to lunch I've got some prime cuts of venison marinading in a nice ginger soy sauce and we'll have some vension sausage also. It's going to be a great day and depending on when we stop there might be time for a visit to Fish307 if you're interested.

Yeah i got rising B.P. as well..."blood presure" that is from waiting to get on the king for Lakers....been a few years, i dont think i made it out there last year....cant wait to try out the new 30" medium ugly stick.....

This is great, should be looking at a heafty fine for that one!

NY--Too Many Fish,0125

Ice fishermen ticketed for big catch on Lake George

Eds: APNewsNow. Should stand.

LAKE GEORGE, N.Y. (AP) - Four ice fishermen face charges they

pulled nearly 500 fish from an Adirondack lake - about 300 fish

over their legal limit.

State Department of Environmental Conservation officials say the

quartet was fishing on Lake George when DEC police found them with

494 perch. The fish were hidden in various places, including their

ATVs, shanties, and backpacks.

The legal limit is 50 perch apiece.

Charged Saturday with taking excess fish were 43-year-old Thomas