• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Afternoon Stop

I was digging through some of the posts and this image hopped right off the screne and took me for a trip to da range.

Finn this image is awesome!!!! how did you get the sharp contrast between the blues and the browns? Would you mind posting some exif info on this image? I would love to get a shot with this kind of detail for my family room wall.

Moose,

Just checked my mail and it's bedtime. If you can wait until tomorrow I'll check the hard drive this one is on and get the info for you. I know it was shot with a Canon 10D and a 17-40 mm. A lot of my shots during these light conditions were at 100 ISO and I'm guessing Av priority and at 7.1 or 8.0. If it's much different I'll let you know. Some tweaking with Photoshop, but nothing really exotic. Thanks for the compliments!

Ken

Moose,

The Exif looks right. As to Photoshop, I shot this in RAW, so the tweaking involved bringing the exposure down just a little, warming up the white balance a tad, adjusting the blacks to bring out the contrast and increasing the saturation a bit (on CS3 they have two saturation sliders, one is called vibrance and makes small subtle changes, the other is called saturation and makes bigger changes. I used vibrance on this one.)

Thanks Finn,

I think adjusting the blacks was what set it for me. That way the shadows seperate the colors much better. And then bringing up the white balance brightened the entire scene. I noticed the clouds and wondered how the water came out so blue the saturation adjustment did a great job and the black contrast made it pop.

Thanks for the info. Always learning new technique. Great photo.

Moose