• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Duke vs. North Carolina

Scott M

Best rivalry in the nation will be played out this week during rivalry week on ESPN.

This matchup is that much better when both teams are ranked in the top 10. It's at North Carolina, and both teams have one loss each, are ranked 2 and 3....always great games, great players, great tradition.

I'll be recording the game as I have my own league that night. UNC leads the all time series 127-96. Gotta support UNC...a state school versus the rich boy Dukies. Truthfully I've had enough of both schools, but I'd rather see UNC win I guess.

There have been some pretty good games over the years. Check them out at Wikipedia some time.

Duke has always been there. Carolina had some down years when I think Daugherty was coach. I think that was his name, the guy that coached Notre Dame. Games are always fun to watch. Up tempo and the crowds are unbelievable.

No surprise here: "Duke" Vitale will come back from his throat ulcer surgery 3 months ago in time to call the Duke-UNC game. I love Dickie V, got a photo with him when I met him in Florida, but man does that guy fawn over Duke like Madden loves Brett Favre.

Go DUKE!

Up by 3 at the break. They led by double digits but it slipped away in the latter part of the first half. Time to crank it back up again and put this state school back in it's place.

The old saying "throw the records out when these two play" certainly applies with these teams. It doesn't matter if either of them is having a bad year, it always is a knock down, drag out fight to the final buzzer. Gotta love it.

Well the middle of the 2nd half has been very sloppy. If Duke loses it'll be due to missed FT's, and if UNC loses it'll probably be from turnovers. Duke has been on fire from the 3pt line and has helped overcome their inability to hit a simple FT.

I have been a huge UNC fan for many years. They did get outplayed tonight, no doubt about it. They did somethings that hurt them in the game. There going to be there for the tournament and give it a run. By end of the tournament, we will see which team is better!!!

Go Heels

It appeared that Duke's strategy was to let the mouth-breather score and not pick up a bunch of fouls trying to stop him, while guarding the other four and making them beat Duke. It seemed to work. whistle.gif

Hard to say. Their other "big guns" didn't play very well either against Duke's defense, so I guess we'll have to wait for the next game to see.

Duke didn't have their big guy to battle against the mouth breather, and he'll be back for the next matchup to soak up some fouls too.

UNC returned the favor tonight. If they win the ACC tournament they will be the #1 overall seed. I'm sure by next weekend we'll be preparing for another Duke UNC tilt. Three per year is pretty common. 16/15 for Hansbrough.

As soon as I heard Valentine and Hess were reffing the game I knew it was over before it started. Hate to do the ref blaming game, but I challenge anyone to find a game that they worked that Duke has won. Coincidence? Hardly.

Last night I was chatting with a buddy and I called it. I said as long as those two weren't reffing Duke had a chance. Go figure, guess what zebras showed up. I've watched enough Duke to know.

It was a good game and Duke rallied to take the lead late but couldn't overcome the lack of officiating to finish it out. I wasn't surprised to say the least.

Yeah, but in football you can run with the ball without dribbling and it's not a violation. Hmm, I guess you're right...it was more like a football game than a basketball game. \:\/