• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lost Land,Teal, or Nelson Lake

Going to stay for a week at a Hayward Area Lake for a family get together in late August. Think we got it narrowed to either Nelson, Teal, or Lost Land lakes. I don't know anything about any of these lakes. Will have younger kids along. Any info, good or bad, about any of these lakes or any past fishing experiences to help make the decision on what lake to stay on?

Good crappie fishing in Lost Land,decent walleye in Teal,the 2 connect.Speed limit on both lakes if I'm correct so no skiing or jet-skis. Havn't been on Nelson.

Good Luck,ole

My inlaws have a cabin on nelson so I spend a lot of time there. If you are after muskies, don't go there, there aren't any (one of the few lakes in the area w/o muskies). Historically walleyes have been good but they have been difficult the past several years. However, largemouth, crappies, and bluegills have been fairly easy to catch. Nelson also is a good lake for boating and when you get to the north end there is quite a bit of undeveloped shorline because it's owned by the county. I've not fished LLL or Teal but hear they are nice lakes.

Originally Posted By: Bowfin
Going to stay for a week at a Hayward Area Lake for a family get together in late August. Think we got it narrowed to either Nelson, Teal, or Lost Land lakes. I don't know anything about any of these lakes. Will have younger kids along. Any info, good or bad, about any of these lakes or any past fishing experiences to help make the decision on what lake to stay on?

Both Lost Land and Teal are class A musky waters. A max speed limit applies so towing tubes or skiing is for sure out (people do it though) I have fished both for years growing up. Great musky waters and with a little searching excellant panfish lakes. Some nice largemouth in both lakes too. Teal is by far the better of the two for walleyes but both are OK. Most of the resorts have gone condo so traffic is fairly light. The lakes do connect via the Teal river so you can get to either lake.

Nelson is much bigger and is one of the best panfish lakes in the area. Some nice pike and walleyes. Watersports are allowed. You have a tough choice but treally can't go wrong. FYI if you are really into muskies the Chip is a just a short drive away from Lost Land/Teal. Just throwing that out there.