• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Underwater Viewing Systems

Wables

Has anyone seen the Ice Pro yet? How is the screen? How much are they charging for the unit? What do you think about looking vertically instead of horizontally? I am thinking of buying a camera this year, and am considering this as an option, but I can't find them for sale anywhere.

------------------
Wables

From what I hear the Ice Pro (IP) by Aqua Vu is quite the camera. All the features of the top of the line camera combined in one. I haven't seen one yet but from what I've read and have heard thats what I get out of it. I defintely plan to take a serious look at one at the upcoming sport shows.

A few things too expect from the IP...

1)Fish-shaped decoy camera
2)ON/OFF-switchable IR lights
3)50-foot cable
4)Built-in cable storage
5)7-inch, 45-degree adjustable monitor
6)Weatherproof protective monitor case
7)Built-in video-out jack
8)Battery and charger included

You can also add the new Mo-Pod which is a motorized turning machine that turns the camera 360 degrees by remote control. On top of the Mo-Pod you can also pick up the MAV which is a motorized unit that drops the camera as well as reels it up. And if you are really into it you can get the Video Memory Module which records and stores iamges that you see with your Aqua Vu.

A lot of new products coming out in 2004, which means a few more spent pay checks wink.gif.

Drop me an e-mail and I can help you with anymore questions if needed.

[email protected]

Good Fishin,
Matt

[This message has been edited by MJ5 (edited 09-22-2003).]

Hey Exudedude, sounds like a deal. Looking forward to those crappies and gills flopping around on the ice. Should be a good time again this year. Take care.

Good Fishin,
Matt

Heres what they said in a press release:

"...The easily seen 7-inch, 45-degree adjustable monitor allows multiple anglers to watch the action below.

An innovative fish-shaped, down-viewing camera distinguishes this underwater viewing package.

A video-out jack allows the Ice Pro to be connected to TV/VCR combos so common in permanent fish houses. On/Off-switchable infrared lights improve viewing at dawn and dusk. Priced less than $270, the Aqua-Vu Ice Pro is an attractive option for ice anglers!"

They have a picture of it on their web site. The camera looks like a normal camera but the view screen looks like a TV and that maybe a big plus.

Kinda cool if ya ask me. But I would rather get one that I could use in open water too.
I'm sure they will be on-sale sometime in October.

------------------
Fish ON!

[This message has been edited by PikeEye (edited 09-23-2003).]

That sounds like a good price if you ask me. I would mostly use it for ice fishing anyways and instead of spending another $500 on a new OVS 500 I think the Ice Pro is the way to go. I have to get a look at one and see. The picture on the web site looks pretty decent.

Good Fishin,
Matt

$270 for a camera that can only be used on the ice doesn't sound like the best deal. I wonder how much more the Mo-Pod option will cost? That sounds like a nice feature.

It does look like they fixed the cable hook ups on this one. The last ones broke off all the time because they plugged into the side of the unit.

I think I will stick with my OVS 500, works for all seasons.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I dug up some more info on the OVS500 And Similar Aqua Vu Year Round Units:

Aqua Vu: $599 OVS500: $479

VS500 Info
The OVS500 integrated, easy-to-use system is truly the next generation in underwater viewing.

The VS 500 provides on-screen displays that show lighting options, battery status and the direction the camera is facing, no matter how the monitor is positioned!

They're the first underwater system to offer this remarkable advantage.

In addition, they have developed a new motorized ice arm that can steer the camera up to 360 degrees from up to 15 feet away!

FEATURES:
NEW! Clear-Vu 5" B&W monitor
Waterproof shock resistant camera housing
Dual-coated, scratch resistant, shatterproof Lucite® camera lens
High quality detachable Sony camera (low-lux, high-resolution)
Your choice of a 60 foot or 100 foot cable (systems sold with one or the other, see top of package for details)

Multi-Vu Underwater Lighting System
Legal in all 50 states
Leading edge LED technology
Both infrared and high intensity LEDs for low-light or murky water viewing
Three lighting options: 1. Off, no light source for daytime viewing. 2. IR-VU, Infrared LED's for non-visible light source. 3. HI-VU, six visible ultra-high intensity multicolored LED's for maximum visibility.

All the accessory equipment
Completely enclosed, weather-resistant zippered Soft pack with collapsible (telescoping) viewing shroud.
7 amp, 12 volt sealed lead acid battery
600 ma battery charger with charge alert
EXCLUSIVE! Motorized ice arm
Reversible Fin & Weight (for open water stability)
"Waterblock System" (designed to seal camera)

Aqua View Info

Aqua-Vu Depth-Tech Series

Aqua-Vu introduces Direct-Tech. Being able to tell which direction your camera is "looking" greatly simplifies the process of focusing on structural elements or your bait. Found in Aqua-Vu's Smart-Vu and DT series.

Depth-Tech on-screen display of camera depth.
Direct-Tech on-screen camera direction indicator display.
Temp-Tech on-screen water temperature display.
Eleven Multi-Color lights with on/off.
Includes battery, charger, ballast weights, front viewing fin, and carrying case.
Weather-proof monitor with 420-line resolution.
Built-in video-out jack for video recording.
Encapsulated impact-resistant camera.
Compact design uses less space in boat or fish house.
Removable sunshield.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 09-24-2003).]

I think the MO-POD was going to sell for around $110. It really looks like a cool option to have.

A plus and minus is, it has a wireless remote with range upto 100' that can clip onto your rod, camera or zipper. I just wonder if the remote floats after I drop it in the hole??? wink.gif

It can operate off 8 AA batteries or another 12 battery.
That might be a neat little toy to have this winter.

------------------
Fish ON!

The only thing that really persuaded me to buy a Aqua-Vu was, it has a lot more lights on it than the OVS. The OVS only has 4 for each setting and Aqua-Vu has (I think) 8 on their multicolor camera. And that does make a difference.
Otherwise if that wasnt the reason I wouldnt of got a aqua-vu either.

------------------
Fish ON!

Yeah, the mo-pod would be nice when you want to change the depth that the camera is at.

I donno though. Now that I add everything up with the aqua-vu it might be the same price as the OVS 500 or a little more after all is said and done. I know the rotational feature is something that I like for sure. Add that and maybe the mo-pod and you're looking at spending more then the OVS 500. Maybe the OVS is the way to go. I know I like the OVS from the past. Gonna have to test the aqua-vu out. All we need is a little ice. wink.gif (and a little time off)

Good Fishin,
Matt

I'm with Scott, I use my Aqua View more in the open water season for pre-fishing than I do in the winter. I would never give up the ability to tell the difference between walleyes and suckers during the pre-fish time. Why limit yourself when you can have it all.

If it doesn't get eaten, a decoy camera could be a very good thing. Last year I was on a dock and had a muskie crankbait sitting int he water and all the sudden hundreds of crappies and bluegills came up to it. I've done that a few times now, it really works.