• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Antique gun appraiser

boatfixer

I saw this last night and did't reply, but after thinking about it, the best way that I find the true value of a gun is do a search on some of the big internet auction sights for the gun. See what the same gun of similar condition is going for. I have a gun that is book valued at $18 dollars, but it never sells for anything less than $175 on any of those auctions. Guns are odd that way. If you are looking for antique value or for insurance reasons, you will probably have to go to someone.

Any info on the gun or why you are appraising it?

1876 Smith and Wesson Scofield, MINT condition, thought to be never fired. Not a clone or reproduction, this has been verified by a S & W historian, using the serial number, it was issued to the US govt. I'm only curious to the market value for Sh#ts and giggles. It has been inherited by a family member along with many other collector pistols and rifles, both replicas and originals, but this one caught my attention.