• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ranger/ YarCraft/Warrior which one and why??

rodmaker

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone running a console Ranger on the walleye tourney trails are running 619/620/621 VS. A 620VS is the same hull length as a T, but a 96" beam (90" on T). A 620VS max hp is 250 (150 for the T), transom height is the same, but the inside depth is an inch deeper on the VS. Both are same hull weight and max weight carried.

RM, my Yarcraft is very stable. I have fished out of all the big tiller boats except the Tuffy 2060 and they are all very stable. I can't say I've noticed a difference in any. Each big tiller boat probably has a strong suit--longer, wider, taller, faster, storage, etc. Getting rides would sure be a good way to check them out. If I was buying used, the overall condition of the rig and being satisfied with the motor on the back would be my determining factors. Lotsa good choices out there.

Be glad to have you hop in my boat if our paths were to cross--Bemidji, LOW, Winnie or Mille Lacs.

p.d. I know of a real nice BT likely available later this year.

I have fished in YAR-CRAFT, WARRIOR,SKEETER and RANGER boats and the YAR-CRAFT is by far the best one for ride in big water. if you fish the big lakes I would go with the YAR-CRAFT. the YAR-CRAFT back-trolls like a dream in big waves. the electronics box can get a little cramped with a big Lowrance unit in it. the rod lockers are big but the padding only goes to 8 ft so the rod tips can take a beating (it's an easy fix with some carpet pad)

the rig pulls nice on the highway easy to launch and load by myself. also go with a 4 stroke. the 2095bt runs best with a 150 but a 140 will work. don't go smaller. the fit and finish on these boats is good. they do have there flaws but all boats do. in the end just try them all and see for your self what works for you. everyone has different need and likes. that's just my 2 cents worth.

No but I hope to soon. my tournament partner doses. and i use it for guide trips. what Ranger are you looking at?? they are nice to fish out of. haven't fished out of a Ranger tiller yet. but the other Ranger's have been real nice.

All these boats are decent boats, the deciding factor for me was the fact that I upgraded to a minkota maxium trolling motor and had the T8 kicker installed and bought the 104c lowrance got the 250 horse yami and still paid 12,000 $ less that the 621 and 10,000 less than the 2121 warrior. no matter where I go michigan or superior or the pond people come look at the boat and I never have had buyers remorse. And got 5 year warranty on all the power. If I were to look at another boat it would be the yar craft due to the new hull design much like the panga saltwater boats that I belive will be a big hit. Happy Skeeter owner.

fishorgolf, I was just poking fun at you. but the sides are kind of high when your fishing two lines in the back of the boat

pulling Lindy rigs on bigstone.(that's what we where doing) I don't like the rod to touch the boat when I sit down! If all you do is pull cranks and use rod holders then it would be just fine. but that's not what I do.

Mr walleye,

I pull rigs all the time on mille lacs and I am sorry but i just do not see where 2.5 " can make any difference at all! Just move the seat up 2.5"? Seems like a very odd reason to judge a boat. Hey I was in my buddies boat and he ran out of beer! OH I forgot it is HIS boat maybe I should bring the beer.