• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plans before Season Closing

I would really love to get back to Burntside one more time! That would make me a very happy girl! I would also like to catch a couple more walleye this year since Jim gave me a Jason Mitchell walleye rod for Christmas that I have yet to use. One more thing that I look forward to every year is when we head to a small lake around Mora and panfish. It's usually in March and the last 2 years we've been able to fish in our shirt sleeves! I just love that! Rereading this post I realized I put ALL the fishing I wanted to do before icefishing is done for the year!

"small lake around Mora and panfish. It's usually in March and the last 2 years we've been able to fish in our shirt sleeves! I just love that! "

Let me know if you do this, mabe I'll meet ya there.

Or you could send me an email with the lake name and I'll go check it out to make sure its still ok ;\)\:\/

Good luck if you head back to Burntside, and ya have to get out "eye" chasing with that Ne rod !!!!! \:o

hey mora is gettin close to my neck of the woods. lisa are you headed to deer river soon? let me know the conditions. fishing plans-spearing get-to-gator this sunday, then i HAVE to get up to talmoon area before spearing closes or i will end up in nut house. have trip planned to winnie 3rd weekend in march and hopefuuly a few local trips around home after sunfish & crappies.

I'm not sure if you're looking for something new or just looking to find something to do, but I've got plenty of time off and nothing planned yet. I wanted to hit Mille Lacs once or twice before walleye season ended and I'm also contemplating the Slabfest on URL. I've gone before, but I wanted too long this year and I'm not sure if I'll find a place to stay.

PowerStroke - I'm also trying to get to mille lacs one more time, but sure if its worth it.

Metro lakes are always good. Want to hit a few with me? I may also get back down to Sarah on fri the 15th if you are interested.

Season???

That's silly, there's no "season"

Ok well technically there is, but you can’t let that stop you from fishing. I recommend you come to the Cool Cats gathering. All it takes is catching a few of these and you forget all about those goofy walleyes.

I’m to the point now where, I’m totally unphazed by the walleye/pike opener or close. Just another day,

A LOT of good fishing between Feb and May ;\)

dtro - I can't believe I am going to say this, but - - I'm going to try and make the Cool Cat get togther. \:o

I've now got to see what all the hype is about. crazy.gif

One novice question for ya. Do catfish have stingers like bullheads ?? The whiskers are just ... wierd looking ... eek.gif

Nothing that you would need to worry about Tami.

Bullheads can be a real pain. You should try sticking your hand in a bait cooler with 30 bullheads scrambling around. I honestly believe I am now immune to their “poke”.

Somewhere along the line, Catfish got a bad rap. Could it be because of their looks? Yes, probably.

Most of the people I know that really enjoy fishing have had a real change of heart after catching a few.

Hi SmallieSweetie! Good luck at the tournament. \:\) (even though I don't think an accomplished fishergal like yourself needs any luck!) Break a fin! I would love to do one-maybe next year. The calendar is getting so packed this year and now I've got a hankering to head to the Cool Cats outing. Dtro's getting everyone fired up about those catfish. After my luck with lakers-I should just stay home! \:D J/K!

I know DeeDee! I just got to get a nice one under my belt and then the confidence will return.

Never been "catting" either. We'll see if we can make it but I think reelemin'll for sure have some pics when she gets back! It does sound really awesome! What a cool avatar that would make! Better start pumping iron now and get these guns into shape when a girl has to haul one of THOSE up! \:D