• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DON'T LOOK DOWN :)

I was sitting around tonight going through some old photos as I try to organize my hard drive photo files by type of photo, man I should have started that a long time ago, I used to do everything by date, but I don't find that convienant anymore. Anyway were are some pics I took of Hoover Dam and Las Vegas 2 winters ago while out there on buisness.

Looking over the top:

hovverdam.jpg

dontlookdown.jpg

From the Top of the Rio Hotel's topside bar. 53 floors up.

VegasfromtheTop.jpg

Man, I really don't like them at all. I mean the pictures are great but I'm not so good with heights. My stomach wasn't so good after looking at those.

Seriously, those are really great shots.

It is defenitly an erie feeling looking over the side of the bridge. We had a guy from wisconsin with us who literally wouldn't get out of the car in the parking lot to walk across the bridge because he was so afraid of heights. Heights are not for everyone. Maybe I will have to post the picture of me 2/3 of the way up a 400ft radio tower. (beleive me, after 50ft everyone is afraid of heights).

I've been there a number of times and I always like looking down from the bridge. I've taken pictures as well, but they don't turn out as well as those. We did come across some video that my wife and I had where we took one of the tours in 1999 where you got to go out down at the bottom of your picture. They'd take you through some of the tunnels and bring you in to see the generators etc. Unfortunately since 9/11 they don't do that anymore.

I did the tour in 1999 it was really neat inside. These pics were taken with an little ol olympus 5mb point and shoot. SO again proof that there is nothing wrong with point and shoot. I just prefer more buttons.