• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish tanks

Have any of you ever or do you have crappies, sunfish or bluegills in a fish tanks? I was wondering if you can use them as an indicator of the mood the fish in the wild will be, sort of like a real live barometer. Plus it would be cool just to have them and look at.

Lee- My best friend has a 55 gallon tank that we had gills, sunnys, perch, crappies, and a rockbass in. It was alot of fun to watch them and learn - you can def follow the barometer along with thier activity level. Was fun to not feed em a day or two and dump in some minnows - kinda like Gladiator!

I've known a couple of guys that used them. One guy out in the Mid-West kept Perch and Walleye and swore by checking them. Another guy around here kept 'Gills and Crappie and he even used to test colors of lures and plastics before going out. I watched him once and they did seem to show a preference for a certain color that day. Not sure why. He sold bait and guys would come in a "test" the fish before going out or even call in to him. It was fun to watch.