• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First time photo poster - Amaryllis

My dad gave my wife an Amaryllis bulb as a Xmas gift, so I planted it and it bloomed recently. I'm no pro, but took a few photos of it -- sure is a pretty flower. Sorry the pics are so large -- had a slight issue trying to resize them.

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

THey Look very good with the dark background. IF I could maybe offer one little suggestion. I would hold the camera a little lower and look up at the flower, I think it would had a great aspect of the flower itself to see from a little lower. Other wise I like the color.

Nice images of a beauty, Eckie.

Not sure how you're resizing them, but if you use a program to process them before you load them onto photobucket or wherever, you can size horizontals to about 700 pixels across and verticals to about 400 pixels across and they're about right for the site.

Thanks, everyone.

Paul, thanks for the tip...like I said, I'm the definition of novice when it comes to photography, but I love everyone's work on this board.

Steve...Thanks for the resizing idea...I was trying to use Photobucket to resize AFTER I uploaded...no wonder I was having trouble (and here I was blaming the computer!).