• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

US Pond Hockey

Dbl

Spent a nice afternoon on the ice...not fishing shooting a bit of hockey. Almost 1,000 shots and some cold fingers. Haven't posted much action but since its ice and outdoors....here are a few.

#1 Just a bit chilly out there today.

245561347-XL.jpg

#2 Shoot on goal

245561383-XL.jpg

#3 Break away.

245561437-XL.jpg

#4 Size mismatch

245561601-XL.jpg

#5 Its cold out here!

245561523-XL.jpg

#6 Goooaaaal!

245561414-XL.jpg

#7 One of the teams had a player unable to attend, they were from Connecticut but they made a life size card board cutout so he was there in spirit. Sportsmanship was everywhere including here with both teams posing with the missing player.

245561466-L.jpg

Quote:
Great shots, so vibrant. What lens for these, Dan?

Glad I saw the hockey from my computer and not rink-side though. Brrrrr!

Thanks for the comments. Cheryl these rinks were fairly small so all were shot with the 70-200/2.8 on the Mark IIN. I did notice the shutter slowing down ever so slightly after about a 1/2 hour or so of shooting. It was only -5 when these were shot, but a couple of shots had correct exposure on the left and went darker on the right side of the frame. This was only on the second shot of a two shot burst.