• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New ATV owner

Crazy4 Ice

I have just bought a 04 Polaris 700 and so far I'm love'n it grin.gif

I've already pulled out a buddies large fish house on wheels, moved stuff around the yard and have been very please to get to more spots on the lake without wondering if I was going through with my truck.

Does anybody have any advice on tires? I would like a more aggressive tire but will use the ATV for ice fishing most of the time. Also, it's not real clear what trails I can ride. Is there a good web site or club that I can reference so I can do some exploring in the winter and summer months.

Thanks for your help!

ITP 589's are an aggressive tire that are very durable as well. Mudlites are a soft rubber that won't last as long. Go over to highlifter's HSOforum and look under tires, there should be alot of useful info on that site.

I think the Terracross is, but the 589 isn't radial. Take a look at the Mud Bug R and the Bighorn also. Maxxis tends to be a lighter tire even though some are radial because they use a better rubber compound for the tires. The new maxxis zilla looks like my favorite choice if I was looking right now.

My sportsman, 05 500 came with 26" polaris radials. I really like them, but have had some issues with them cleaning in sticky mud (which lead to 2 winches and 20 minutes of hysterical fun). Once i wear them down i'm going back to the mudlite XTs and maybe spend the extra coin to the radial XTRs. 27" would be perfect. they ride smoother than the 589s which are also an awesome tire.