• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

photo sharing - favorite pics of mn :loons

Hi to all in the photo sharing forum. I am trying to submit photos for a second time after the first time failed. Hope this works. I had shared some photos in the women's fishing forum and was encouraged to share them here as well. I have enjoyed reading the threads here and looking at all of the great photos. Awesome! I love nature and so enjoy taking photos for the sheer fun of it. Maybe someday it will turn into more than a hobby. I'd appreciate any feedback as to how to improve my photos. This looks like a great place to share and learn.

Thanks!

stayingclose-1.jpg

PICT0355-1.jpg

listentoyourmom.jpg

onmyway-2.jpg

majestic.jpg

Glad you found your way over here you have some nice shots. You will find many nice folks that frequent this board more than willing to offer encouragement or help with advice. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Welcome to the board. You will like it here. Everyone is very helpful and there is no dumb questions here (I think I asked them all already confused.gif )

Thanks for sharing, those are great photos.

Mike

I am always a sucker for baby loon shots. Some day I will get some shots of baby loons. These are just the ticket to get me thru this cold snap and remind me that they will be back in around 90 days grin.gif Thanks again Denise for sharing your shots with us.

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome and feedback. I spent a lot of time last summer observing the loons. They are really incredible to watch, especially in how they teach the young ones to do things like dive and fish. I'm learning to anticipate their behaviors a little and so I have a little time to get ready for a shot. I am looking forward to trying for some new ones next summer.

You guys have some great pics under your names!

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions about taking pictures during the day so that they aren't so "harsh or bright." I know it is best to take pics in the morning or evening or on a cloudy day if possible, but what if a good shot comes up while you're out in the afternoon? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Originally Posted By: mnfishingal

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions about taking pictures during the day so that they aren't so "harsh or bright." I know it is best to take pics in the morning or evening or on a cloudy day if possible, but what if a good shot comes up while you're out in the afternoon? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I don't believe there is a solution. If a shot comes up in harsh light, shoot it anyway. Not shooting gets you nothing. If your camera has the capability, shooting in raw would help. It's suppose to give you a couple more steps of exposure latitude. However, even then, you may still get blown highlights or filled in shadows. I've seen shots from some awesome photographers, with blown highlights. All you can attempt, is the best average overall or decide what is most important to you, and adjust accordingly.