• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Out of the Nostrils of Dogs

Ha, a couple of months ago, Paris my black lab, started sneezing violently. It went on for a couple of days. After another day, I could see he wasn't feeling great, so I took him to the vet. One of his eyes was inflamed but the vet couldn't see anything in his nose, so he prescribed eyedrops, anti-inflammatory meds and antibiotics and said that if he was still sneezing after a couple of days of the meds, Paris would have to go back and have his nose scoped.

I had a feeling there was something in his nose so I decided to just make an appointment to have it done as he needed to also have his teeth scraped too.

Couldn't believe it, my poor baby had this stick stuck up his nose. No wonder he'd been sneezing.

stick.jpg

At least it wasn't a tape worm. Glad to know he is alright. A guy I know just spent almost $2000 at the vet, because he thought he swallowed a stuffed animal, turned out ot be an infection of some sort. Glad Paris is OK.

Yes, he was fine, a bit dopey for a while from being put under. I just felt so bad for him afterwards, it must have been so irritating.

The vet said hunting dogs often get things stuck up their noses but I think he was impressed with Paris' stick. They had it bagged up with photos when I went to pick him up.