• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2000 SX700R

fishersofmen

Just bought the sled a month ago, has 1800mi. Once in a while after I start it up and go to excellerate it will backfire and stop moving. It will do that once or twice and then be fine when it is warm. Took all three carbs off and are spotless, one thing though the spark plugs are black and full of gunk, real sticky even taking them out of heads??? Any help would be great...Thanks

Make sure you let this sled warm up like a Cadillac. They are quite cold blooded. I suspect that is what is going on other than your low speed jets are plugged. If it runs good when warm though I wouldn't worry. Just warm it up at idle for about 10 minutes. They are really cold blooded. The way I tell when it is warm is stick your hand under where your feet go...if the heat exchangers are luke warm it is ready to go. Hope this helps.

Yea I think your right about these sleds being cold blooded. Coming off a Polaris xlt that thing would start in one or two pulls and just go. This thing takes 4-5 pulls and then seems like she wants to run for a while. Like I said went through carbs and pulled all the jets and are spotless. I just thought there was something to the plugs being all black. Thanks for the info...

I had a 2001 700, and I had to rebiuld those carbs yearly, even doing the normal storage steps when the season was over. the problem was the small jets on those carbs. I will stay with my EFI cats from now on.