• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Steve, here's a lens for you.

I really love this part of the features grin.gif

The Canon 1200/5.6L USM was built-to-order by Canon from 1993 to 2005. They were hand-crafted at the rate of about 2 per year with a delivery time of about 18 months, and only a dozen-or-so were ever made. Who bought them? National Geographic magazine, Sports Illustrated, NASA, Canon Professional Services, 'the Man', and a few well-heeled enthusiasts are counted among the fortunate few. With an angle-of- view of about 2° on a full-frame 35 mm camera, calling this lens a 'tele' is like calling King Kong a monkey.

The Canon 1200/5.6L USM contains 13 elements (2 Fluorite) in 10 groups, focus' down to 49.5', and contains 8 diaphram blades.

This amazing piece of optical technology comes with a leather slip-on 'lens cap' and a fitted aluminum shipping case. Pack mule not included. And remember- lift with your knees, not your back.

Thanks, XT. That's why I'm holding onto my old heavy half 4x4 chevy pickup. Once I save the $100,000 it costs for for the 1200, I'll need a pickup to haul it around. I've got a base for a .50 caliber machine gun mount already bolted to the pickup bed. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif