• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Duluth Trails?

Professional Edge

I rode last night and the trails were not groomed and were in poor condition. I would imagine the groomer will be out soon though. We have a ton snow so you'll have fun either way.

As far as parking, you'll want to check the maps, but if you want to head north, I'd suggest parking at the North Shore State trail parking lot off of Martin road on the northeast side of Duluth. (Easiest to follow Woodland Ave., past UMD to Martin road. Take a right and you'll find the lot on your right.) cool.gif

Was out tonight and last night. Trails ranged from poor to so so and getting hammered as I type. IMO this will be the biggest weekend for sledding and the trails will be very rough. I've never seen a groomer during the weekend but maybe the guys will be out tonight. You'll get into some slush on the lakes but nothing a sled can't handle. Watch out for frozen ruts.

When you get here you'll be in a winter wonderland covered in a thick blanket of snow. The trees are even covered with snow. As DS said get a trail map, you'll see the parking areas. The Martin Rd lot is large and you can go anywhere from there.

Story or two different days. Saturday the trails were really bad. I was disappointed that they did not take care of the trail on a busy weekend.

Today they were out and the trails were as nice as they could be. One of the best rides I have every had.

Thanks for your help.

Keith

We ride Polaris 500 touring and they were rough.

Special thanks to the group of guys that helped us get my wifes sled back on the trail. We got forced off by a guy going way to fast driving up a hill in the center. I just stayed on by my wife didn't. Other guys in their group saw her off the trail and kept riding. Not a big deal but we ride with young kids and we were lucky they did not get hurt.

Hope all is well.

Keith

We did around 400 miles in 2 days. The North Shore trail was really good everywhere that we got on a rode it at various time of the day and night. Stony Spur from Babbitt was unbelievably good. The Tomahawk was awesome except there was an ungroomed 6 or so mile section from Isabella to Finland that was horrible. Just gotta stand up and hammer the throttle down. All in all it was a good ride.

With all due respect, your sled wasnt built for anything but smooth trails. It doesnt have a good suspension set up to handle the bumps and whoops. The newer sleds with high end shocks get smoother as you ride faster and harder when you get the suspension workin. Plus you have the conventional seating as opposed to rider forward, so your body is taking alot of the bumps and hits that you wouldnt take on a rev,new F series or an IQ chassis sled.