• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle adventure

The recent swoon of warm weather has completely opened up the Minnesota River here and the Eagles are about as spread out as could be. This is NOT good, as a matter of fact if it doesn't freeze up by next saturday it is in our best interest to push this back to January to insure that we get the photo ops you deserve for driving in from semi far away locations. I was down there today and it was wide open... no gouda!! frown.gif

The extended forecast from Monday til next saturday looks like highs in the mid to upper 20's and lows in the teens.... We will most certainly need a spell of below zero tempuratures to lock the river up again. Sorry gang, but it's not looking good for the 29th. My office is minutes from the valley and I can check on Wednesday and Friday... but I'd start thinking about photographing something else that weekend and we'll just look at the weather and weekends in January and plan it out again. frown.gif

For those of you who are dissapointed like myelsf that mother nature is not cooperating with this, I will put out the invitation to head West in to North Dakota for a day in the sand hills were it is not uncommon to run into dozens of deer, turkey, beaver, birds, fox, etc. I am heading in on Jan 1. This area is about 35 min SW of Fargo/Moorhead. Since we can't do eagles yet if you want to come shoot turkeys give me a holler, I probably can't teach you as much as Buzz could have but I am decent tour guide.

Paul, I wish you best of luck in your quest for awesome wildlife shots. As you know, I'll be north Saturday and Sunday and have been invited away (gag) for New Year's Day. We may have to wait until spring to get together. I'll be looking forward to it.

Thanks for the invite.

Ya no doubt X, We will have to gang up on Lac QUi Parle this spring, maybe I can swing Easter at the Folks house and that would be a good time for thaw pics at the lake. But then again since easter weekend is march 23, it may me a little muddy. laugh.gif