• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"The Christmas Tree"

Well, Steve said I had to share as the price of his advice, so here is my cat taking a peak at one of our ornaments. He didn't know what to think . . . usually he get's in trouble for playing with the tree but here I was encouraging him so I could get some pictures.

20d121407053oa4.jpg

Same here Steve, a pile of gifts but no tree to put them under. Between work and hunting I've been on the road so much we just haven't had the time to put one up. So, lets see those beautiful tree pics here. Happy holidays to all!

What's the deal with cats and christmas trees anyways? Cats are kind of like the Grinch of the Christmas tree world. I don't mean that in a bad way, it just seems that every cat's goal is to break at least one thing on the tree every year . smile.gif

Merry Christmas everyone.

I know what you mean. I think cats are like northern pike . . . you dangle something flashy in there face long enough and they just can't resist. Our cat decided he was going to be Godzilla to our nativity scene this year. Every night I come home from work and find some poor shepherd batted across the living room grin.gif

Here's another one I tried to take with what little available light I had. The noise is pretty bad, and probably made worse because I had to brighten it considerably in photoshop. Any suggestions on good noise reduction software.

20d1214070181filtered2tx7.jpg

Matt, Noise Ninja and NeatImage are two that particularly seem to satisfy their users. I use NN and like it a lot.

Best recipe for noise reduction is, of course, proper exposure, but you had a tremendously difficult exposure challenge here with the bright white lights and dark foreground.

Yep, our cat claims the tree as his. When we put the presents under it we have to leave room for him to nap under there...

Heres two picts one with and without flash...

dsc00745bx4.jpg

dsc00744io4.jpg

I havent set it up yet but I just opened one of my presents from the gitlfriend and its one of those Olympus digitals thats waterproof and shockproof. Total surprise but it will be perfect for fishing and hunting. Nice and small and should be durable...