• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Its almost time!

Orlip

I took the pole out of the crawl space.

I have the meal planed.

I have been working out and feel like I'm in good shape.

I have been working on my list.

In case your confused,, Yes in 3 days its Festivus for the rest of us! laugh.giflaugh.gif

I for one need to get at my list of grievances, I have alot this year. I have teenagers.

HAPPY(MERRY) FESTIVUS TO YOU ALL.

I thought we had more Sienfeld fans here. crazy.gif Well to help out here you go;

Festivus is an annual holiday that was made popular by Reader's Digest writer and editor Daniel O'Keefe.[1] It was introduced to popular culture by O'Keefe's son Daniel, a scriptwriter for the TV show Seinfeld, on December 18, 1997, in the episode "The Strike". (Season 9, Episode 10). The holiday is celebrated each year on December 23, but many people celebrate it at other times, often to avoid the Christmas rush. The holiday includes novel practices such as the "Airing of Grievances", in which each person tells everyone else all the ways they have disappointed him/her over the past year. Also, after the Festivus meal, the "Feats of Strength" are performed, involving wrestling the head of the household to the floor, the holiday only ending if the head of the household is actually pinned.

Some people, influenced or inspired by Seinfeld, now celebrate the holiday in varying degrees of seriousness; some carefully following rules from the TV show or books, others humorously inventing their own versions.

The Festivus Pole

In the episode, though not in the original O'Keefe Family celebration, the tradition of Festivus begins with an aluminium pole. During Festivus, the unadorned Festivus Pole is displayed. The pole was chosen apparently in opposition to the commercialization of highly decorated Christmas trees, because it is "very low-maintenance", and also because the holiday's patron, Frank Costanza, finds tinsel "distracting". The basics of the Festivus pole are explained by Frank in two separate situations. When not being used, the Festivus Pole is stored in a crawlspace.

The celebration of Festivus begins with Airing of Grievances, which takes place immediately after the Festivus dinner has been served. It consists of lashing out at others and the world about how one has been disappointed in the past year.

Feats of Strength

The Feats of Strength is the final tradition observed in the celebration of Festivus. Traditionally, the head of the household selects one person at the Festivus celebration and challenges that person to a wrestling match. The person may decline if they have something else to do, such as pull a double shift at work. Tradition states that Festivus is not over until the head of the household is pinned in a wrestling match.

If this does not help watch this Festivus for the rest of us

Quote:

I thought we had more Sienfeld fans here.
crazy.gif
Well to help out here you go;

Festivus is an annual holiday that was made popular by Reader's Digest writer and editor Daniel O'Keefe.[1] It was introduced to popular culture by O'Keefe's son Daniel, a scriptwriter for the TV show Seinfeld, on December 18, 1997, in the episode "The Strike". (Season 9, Episode 10). The holiday is celebrated each year on December 23, but many people celebrate it at other times, often to avoid the Christmas rush. The holiday includes novel practices such as the "Airing of Grievances", in which each person tells everyone else all the ways they have disappointed him/her over the past year. Also, after the Festivus meal, the "Feats of Strength" are performed, involving wrestling the head of the household to the floor, the holiday only ending if the head of the household is actually pinned.

Some people, influenced or inspired by Seinfeld, now celebrate the holiday in varying degrees of seriousness; some carefully following rules from the TV show or books, others humorously inventing their own versions.

The Festivus Pole

In the episode, though not in the original O'Keefe Family celebration, the tradition of Festivus begins with an aluminium pole. During Festivus, the unadorned Festivus Pole is displayed. The pole was chosen apparently in opposition to the commercialization of highly decorated Christmas trees, because it is "very low-maintenance", and also because the holiday's patron, Frank Costanza, finds tinsel "distracting". The basics of the Festivus pole are explained by Frank in two separate situations. When not being used, the Festivus Pole is stored in a crawlspace.

[edit] Airing of Grievances

Frank Costanza starts off the Festivus celebration with the Airing of Grievances.

Frank Costanza starts off the Festivus celebration with the Airing of Grievances.

The celebration of Festivus begins with Airing of Grievances, which takes place immediately after the Festivus dinner has been served. It consists of lashing out at others and the world about how one has been disappointed in the past year.

Feats of Strength

The Feats of Strength is the final tradition observed in the celebration of Festivus. Traditionally, the head of the household selects one person at the Festivus celebration and challenges that person to a wrestling match. The person may decline if they have something else to do, such as pull a double shift at work. Tradition states that Festivus is not over until the head of the household is pinned in a wrestling match.

If this does not help watch this

Thanks for bringing lucidity and coherence to your misconstrued babblings at the onset of this thread! tongue.gif