• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mille Lacs Pics

We finally made it to MIlle Lacs yesterday (tues 18th ) we headed to the flats, ( Scott is great at putting us on the fish ) a bit scary once we got to the end of Hunters plowed road, but we knew where we wanted to go - soooo, off road we went and it was worth it!!!

11 eyes, the ones we got on the ice ( we lost a few ) where from 19.5 to 26.25 inches

An Awesome day laugh.gif

043.jpg

040.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

045.jpg

No but this was my biggest catch ever through the ice - at 25.5. Scott got the 26.25 only about a minute after I pulled mine up. For about a half hr, we where shack hopping helping each other and taking photos. LOL laugh.gif - It was wierd, the hot bite happened at about 11:00am ish. confused.gif

Lisa - I am patienly awaiting your photos, wink.gif when are you gonna get out ? smile.gif How are the snowmobiles coming along?

Nice report! I noticed the 4-wheeler. I want to take my Dad to Mille Lacs for his first trip ever to the big pond. I'd like to hit the 8-mile, 9-mile, boot flat area on Friday and I only have a 4-wheeler. Not sure which flats you are refrencing but wondering if you'd know if those areas are accessible via 4-wheeler.

Any info yould be appreciated...Thanks.

Quote:

Nice report! I noticed the 4-wheeler. I want to take my Dad to Mille Lacs for his first trip ever to the big pond. I'd like to hit the 8-mile, 9-mile, boot flat area on Friday and I only have a 4-wheeler. Not sure which flats you are refrencing but wondering if you'd know if those areas are accessible via 4-wheeler.

Any info yould be appreciated...Thanks.

We did make it to 9mi. If you have 2 people on the wheeler, I think it would be very tough with anything less than a 700. We ran into a lot of drifts and many slushy spots. Hunters does have a good road most of the way to the Boot, and then it turns into an just an Ok road. So getting out to the Boot area is do able, once off the road it can get tough! They are expecting more snow so ask how things are at Hunters.

Good luck and happy/safe travels.

The snowmobile is FIXED!! Poor Mr. LT-blood, sweat and tears on that job! We'll be out on Saturday-I'm just not sure where. Of course I'll let you know but since we fish in the middle of the night with no headlamps or lanterns none of my pics will turn out-Sorry! HEHEHEHEE grin.gif