• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dumb trade or somewhat ok?

dakotakid31

have a 99 xc700sp that i never use any more.it hasnt been lic since '04 and it has 2065 miles on it. so i was looking to trade for a 2up to use for ice fishing and bringing the little guy out with me or for rides. well i have an offer to trade for a '97 classic 2up that is a very nice looking sled but it has 6000 miles on it but was rebuilt around 35-3600. if the miles where closer to mine i would have it already but that is what i am uncomfortable with. anyone own a classic? the good the bad? any suggestions?

Not sure what the $$$$ difference is but I personally wouldn't trade straight up on that deal.

You are trading for something 2 years older, 200cc less in displacement, and 4,000 miles more with an engine rebuild.

Remember, those miles just don't cause wear and tear on the engine. At 6,000 miles, you'll be looking at a track pretty soon, lots of bearings, idler wheels, and the list goes on. I don't care how you add it up, you are trading down even if these sleds were the same year, same miles, same condition, etc.

If you really want a 2-up, you can more than likely put a 2-up seat on your xc700 and add a backrest too.

I would not pull the trigger on that deal. Sell your machine outright and shop with the cash. I am seeing used sleds priced about 600-800 bucks higher in the paper compared to last year...and years before...when there is snow early in the year the market goes crazy.

Sure you will pay more too, but you should get more and have more options with the cash.

The Classic is a fine machine...and the 500 has great power...but that milage is very high. Things other than the motor will be going..ie: shocks..springs...track...hi-fax.....skis....clutch...on an on and on.

ya i decided against it. it did have a new track,bearings,hyfax,wear bars,shocks. but ya still to many miles. if it was the same year with same miles i would have did it-dont care if mine was worth a little more. sell a sled now a days and they all want it for next to nothing so i will just keep it.