• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Shot

Any c&c will be appreciated.

combinedroosterhen_edited-1.jpg

As many of you noticed this is a combo of two of my previous pictures. I was messing with PS and combined the shots and blued up the sky. I wasn't quite able to place the birds where I want them because I am on the road and don't have any of my manuals with me. I was just working in PS trying to learn the program more. Thanks for your comments.

Yakfisher, it works well for me. It is, as they say "twice as nice" as the lone bird shots. While a close and experienced photographic eye would catch the fact that birds that far apart from each other likely would not both be in focus, I think that's a fine detail the most viewers wouldn't even notice — they'd just appreciate the nice image. Neat work!

Before I read your narrative I thought maybe you got lucky with another shot at some birds. In fact, I was slightly disappointed at the lack of focus on the rooster until I read its a combo of your other photos. Its a great photo for sure.

I must say I thought it was the real deal until I read what you had done. The bottom wing on the hen looks flawless however I could see that fringe that is nearly impossible to eliminate on the upper wing, if I didn't know you had photoshopped it I would have never known.

I think getting a good shot of a pheasant in flight is fairly difficult, they tend to fly away from you - not very appealing - maybe if you could be the poster on a pheasant hunt you could get some good angles but your hunting partners would probably want you to have the gun in hand at least until you got a few.

I like your shots and the PS work.

HH,

That is exactly why these are the first shots that I have been able to take this season. I've been out almost every week this season and this is the first time that I've been able take the camera for a walk.

Steve,

I agree on the focus issue and I had a rooster that was a little more out of focus so I dropped the same hen into that frame. This is what I ended up with.

henandrooster_edited-1.jpg

Everyone else thanks for the c&c, it always helps one improve technique.