• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Women and Augers

I've been reading alot about the women not being able to run the augers. Com' on gals smile.gif its not that hard. I have a StrikMaster Lazer and can easily punch a dozen holes in 15 minutes. laugh.gif The augers themselves only weigh about 40lbs ( think of all the kids you've lungged around on your hip )Starting them is easy, you just need to be persistent sometimes. The drilling is the EASYEST laugh.gif. The auger does all the work.

If the auger that you have is old and heavy, I would stongly suggest getting a new StirkMaster for YOURSELF. Don't be dependent on anyone for your fishing pleasure !!! cool.gifsmirk.gif

Thanks Lisa - It just bothers/worry's me when Women rely on others/Men for things that I know they can do themselves. Empowering Women is something I've always been passionate about. I'm good friends with Ann Bancroft and worked to get her on the ice in all of expeditions, and just seeing what she and her fellow explores have accomplished shocked.gifshocked.gif 'nuf said!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Ladies, Strikemaster also makes an electric/battery auger if you feel uncomfortable or would just not prefer to use the gas ones.

I typically drill the holes on our outings and my girlfriend takes control of the Marcum. I drill she fi nds the fish...... no wonder she usually catches more. I smell a conspiracy wink.gif

Tami, i really don't think you will fine to many women who read or post here that rely on men... Why do you think we are here for? We all fish and we all bait our own hooks, and we all can use augers without mens help...

Us women in this forum are strong.. See us FISH!!!!

Kallista

I've read a few post about women not being able to use the augers. I just want to make sure they aren't being held back from venturing out on their own. and I'm sure there are alot of women that read these post that aren't registered or just don't post. Any way I can the independency of women, I will, especially when it come to sports. smile.gif Thats just me and my very small way of trying to make the world a better place. crazy.gif

Didn't mean to step on any toes blush.gif

Our Women's forum is all about what women enjoy doing out on the ice, boat, woods and everything in between! I know there are alot of women who post on this site who truly are self sufficient and should be SUPER proud of that fact. Regardless if you have male help or not-we are all here for a unified reason-HAVING FUN!! Am I right?? RIGHT!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Lisa

Yes Yes And Yes smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I know there are ALOT of GUYS out there, that couldn't figure out or handle half the stuff us women do out on the ice, but I care about the women and there experiences and potential experiences. smile.gif

Quote:

Our Women's forum is all about what women enjoy doing out on the ice, boat, woods and everything in between! I know there are alot of women who post on this site who truly are self sufficient and should be SUPER proud of that fact. Regardless if you have male help or not-we are all here for a unified reason-HAVING FUN!! Am I right?? RIGHT!!
grin.gifgrin.gif

Yes Lisa.. very good... and i fully agree!!!!!

I'm afraid (jokingly) to let my wife run the auger. She loves using all my small engine tools that I wouldn't get the enjoyment of drilling a couple dozens holes anymore.

Heck, my wife wanted a Stihl backpack blower for christmas.....until I told her they cost more than my Strikemaster LazerMag.

I think women are intimidated by the process of starting the motors more than anything. I think once a persona figures out the process of choking the motor and finding that right spot in the choke while it warms up, the rest is cake. It may weigh 30-40lbs (the Nils is much lighter and cuts better) but the auger does all the work. You just need to lug it from hole to hole.

Keep up the great work ladies.

Hey Power.. hows everyone and things.. Give that sweet girl a hug from me... Did you ever send out the skins?

Hows was your thanksgiving?

What you doing for yule?

did your dog tear up the wings i sent ya yet?

hugs Tami aka kalli

If hes a gentleman and likes to do things for his girl, why not... I know a lot of men do it cause they like to for one and they do it to be a good guy too

Nothing wrong with a gentleman.. its like helping carrying in the groceries ...or opening a car door.. or running a nice bath with rose petal in the water or like Power said ( i think) put a towel in the dryer and hand to her when she comes out...or when your preggos cant cant shave your legs or tie your shoes.. Men ARE GREAT

Well if it isn't everyone's favorite bachelor! Kallista have you nominated him yet for the next Bachelor 2008? Let's see-they've had a prince, a Navy guy, this past season was a bar owner, AND NOW PIKE THE WINEMAKER/WALLEYESLAYER DUDE!!!!

HEEHEE-don't be mad-I couldn't resist! You sound very much like a gentleman. And that walleye picture can win over many hearts. ooo.giflaugh.gif

Yes he's a gentleman... and hes a very good friend too ...

The woman of your dreams.. is coming your way Pike.. it just takes awhile thats all.. Keep your chin up SMM

I am cheering you on from the peanut gallery lol..

Gooooo Pikeeeeee

Hey Tami, everything's going great. my little girl has been seizure free for about 6weeks now so that is great. Its really helped me and my wife out alot. Its funny how occupied your mind is with things like that. turkey day was good. The dog loves the wings, even more than the pheasant ones I have from the birds we shot this year. He's kinda weird that he doesn't like to play with them outside, only when he's in the house. I got him one of those foam Dokken trainers to see if I can't get him chasing something outside.

Quote:

Hey Tami, everything's going great. my little girl has been seizure free for about 6weeks now so that is great. Its really helped me and my wife out alot. Its funny how occupied your mind is with things like that. turkey day was good. The dog loves the wings, even more than the pheasant ones I have from the birds we shot this year. He's kinda weird that he doesn't like to play with them outside, only when he's in the house. I got him one of those foam Dokken trainers to see if I can't get him chasing something outside.

Power oh cool....

Yep i got hunter one too a grouse tho.. I got the injectors as well. But i been reading that it make it smell bad after a bit so i don't think i am going to use mine, i also got the power grip too that works great for throws..

yay on the seizures going away, lets hope they stay gone.. Heather is down to maybe 10 grand mull a day poor little girl... you just never get used to them.. I am so happy for your wee girl hugs to her from me..

safe holidays to you and yours.. hugs around your house

Quote:

If hes a gentleman and likes to do things for his girl, why not... I know a lot of men do it cause they like to for one and they do it to be a good guy too

Nothing wrong with a gentleman.. its like helping carrying in the groceries ...or opening a car door.. or running a nice bath with rose petal in the water or like Power said ( i think) put a towel in the dryer and hand to her when she comes out...or when your preggos cant cant shave your legs or tie your shoes.. Men ARE GREAT

Kellista

I said nothing bad about men, theres NOTHING to read between the lines here. I just want all women to be aware of thier abilities and strenghts. I may be a Lesbian but I an NO man hater, My dozen or so very close ( straight !!! ) male friends would have a fantastic laugh at the thought.

Gals,

I think we can all agree why we all post on here. It's to share thoughts, to bounce ideas off each other, to bring our experiences to the table. It's not to prove who is better-MEN OR WOMEN. That's not what the Women's forum has ever been about. Now everyone stop being sensitive and let's get back to what we do best-chat about what makes us addicted to this forum and have to check it every hour to see what we missed! cool.gif