• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow for X-mas??

frummybear

I am going to be getting a bow for x-mas and I have a few questions. I am looking to get a bow in the 300-500 price range. I am wondering what would be a good bow that fits the range?? This is my fist bow and will be using it for Elk/deer hunting.

Are you looking for a new or used bow? If you are looking for a bow set up with all the extras, it might be tough for under $500.00. There are many top shelf used bows out there and woould be great for starting out. My son just sold a Matthews a few years old all set up with arrows and some broadheads for approx $400.00. This is what you can find if you are looking for a darn good used bow with nothing wrong wqith it. This bow all set up with the Matthews extras was approx $1,200.00 new. Look around some good archery shops and you will find some good used equipment for less than $500.00 and its ready to hunt.

Harvey,

Is there a good HSOforum to look at used bows? I actually live down in Bullhead City, AZ and there aren't to many/any places to buy used bows. I am going to be home for x-mas, the St. Cloud area to look around.

i bought a new bow with my extra finacial aide money. i spent $300 on a brand new (old model but unused) reflex buckskin and some other $$$ on accessories and what not. bought it from st. cloud sportsmans warehouse and i love it, if you can find a good one there they are great with free service on all bows purchased from there. hope this helps.

Wherever you choose to go go in with an open mind not a brand name in mind. tell the shop owner you have $500 to spend for a package and see what they can do. As far as used or new it is best to see the bow in person.

E-mail me I can talk to you about the bow I have. [email protected]

No matter what have fun and get a bow that fits you.