• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First time on a sled in quite a while..

Kylersk

When I was a kid, I had an older Jag 340 or 440 with 3/4 cleates. I rode that thing to the ground.. Since then, I've been on an indy trail a couple of times, but I bet it's been 10 years since I've been on a sled.

Tonight, I went for a little put on my new used sled ('97 ski-doo formula Z 583). Wow! That thing was scary fast.. I've never been on one that powerful before. I hate to see what the newer more powerfull sleds do..

Anyways, it was dark out and I didnt know where to ride, so I was only out for about 15 minutes, but I'm really looking forward to doing some riding this year.

Ha....boy I know the feeling. I'm in the same boat as you. I owned a '75 Arctic Cat and a'79 Polaris Apollo when I was in highschool (early 90's) that I drove into the ground as well. It was about a 10yr spell of no snowmobile riding.....but finally last year I went for a 100 mile ride on a buddy's 98 Polaris XC700. Wow, talk about power. Anyway, I ended up making an offer on it and will be bringing it home next weekend. Got to respect that power for sure.

Quote:

a'79 Polaris Apollo

ME TOOO !! smile.gif My Dad, Uncle, Grand Pa and Cousin all bought one of those rigs, 3 are still around, put tons of miles on that sled and they would really go too ( for a 340 ) once us kids took over the Apollo Dad bought a El Tigre 5000 for himself, blew our doors off!

The sleds these days are just awesome, smooth and powerful and best of all, pretty dog gone reliable too.

Just got in myself tonite,it was fun to get back on and ride around here again, hasn't been too much riding over the last few years, have to take advantage of it this year for sure.

Mike