• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Belated fall colors

Being I only found this forum a few weeks ago, I am a little late. Here are some fall colors from the North Shore.

DSCN0350.JPG

DSCN0353.JPG

DSCN0352.JPG

DSCN0351.JPG

If you have seen my other posts, you can probably guess that my favorite fall colors are a little fishy. I posted pinks before, but brookies have to be the prettiest fish in Minnesota.

sep_15_2007_016.jpg

sep_15_2007_030.jpg

DSCN0345.JPG

brookie41.JPG

sep_15_2007_013.jpg

Which do you like the best?

I have to say I like shot number 4. But if I may throw in a few cents worth about that shot, I think if it were me I would have cropped the 2nd deer out of the picture something like this:

DSCN0351cropped.jpg

Now that is only my personal preferance and everyone has their own preferance. I do like how well the colors popped out, what type of Camera are you using? SLR or Point and shoot?

I use a point and shoot. Nikon Cool Pix, I can't remember which model. I still need to figure out the limitted settings that relatively simple camera. I have trouble with a lot of blurry pictures in lower light conditions. I suppose I should use a tripod, but I don't want to carry one around. Photography is usually just a side activity of most of my adventures.

There are quite a few lightweight tripods out there I have one that is 7 inches long and expands to about 12 inches that I use for my p&s camera. I also have a gorilla pod which I used for my DSLR until I bought a heavy zoom lens (they now make one for zoom lenses). The gorilla pod has flexible legs and can pretty much be wrapped around anything for support. Either one of them would definitely fit in your fishing vest. By the way I like the first brook trout photo.